Cornwall this summer?

RickyG

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Looking for a few recommendations for van camping sites this June/July please. I know that there are many, but I’d appreciate some good experiences?

We have been to a site called Trevornick at Holywell Bay, down the coast from Newquay by about 10 minutes or so. It has plenty of pitches from basic to nice and big, a few fishing lakes/ponds, shops, bar, cafe and more, a small golf course and about a 5 minute walk through the dunes to the beach. Very well run and always been a good place to go.

We’ve been to Tregurrian (Watergate Bay) which is on the West coast and good for surfing. That area has become “yuppified” and pretentious with prices to match.

We have also been to Looe on the East Coast which is better suited to paddle boarding. A very pretty fishing village.

Treago Farm is a great site, we go nearly every year, nice and quiet, friendly staff, cafe and shop etc and some great walks for the dogs straight out of the site in all directions, two beaches within walking distance too.

Treveague was lovely. Great walks around the cliffs.

Porth beach holiday park in Newquay are very good. We been 6 yrs in row. Just avoid when Boardmasters is on if you like quiet.

We’ve been to Tregurrian (Watergate Bay) which is on the West coast and good for surfing. That area has become “yuppified” and pretentious with prices to match.

We have also been to Looe on the East Coast which is better suited to paddle boarding. A very pretty fishing village.
North and South coast surely!!? :p

Timely thread as I was hoping to get some advice on this.. For folks who went last year, are any of these sites worth considering in school hols or will they all be rammed? Ideally we tend to want to do last minute breaks to see what weather is doing, but I am guessing Cornwall gets booked up way in advance.. A lot of them also seem to require a week booking.. Any that allow shorter breaks in summer hols?

Cheers

Timely thread as I was hoping to get some advice on this.. For folks who went last year, are any of these sites worth considering in school hols or will they all be rammed? Ideally we tend to want to do last minute breaks to see what weather is doing, but I am guessing Cornwall gets booked up way in advance.. A lot of them also seem to require a week booking.. Any that allow shorter breaks in summer hols?

Cheers
Cornwall seemed mental last year we went beginning of July for a week Tregurrian C&CC site they were full.
Then we moved on to north Devon and were pleasantly surprised how un-busy it was.
Personally I think Cornwall is over-rated.

Cornwall seemed mental last year we went beginning of July for a week Tregurrian C&CC site they were full.
Then we moved on to north Devon and were pleasantly surprised how un-busy it was.
Personally I think Cornwall is over-rated.
I agree!

We've only stayed in the CAMC site in Looe (which we can recommend) so far but if you're not in a hurry to get to Cornwall, the Porlock Holiday Park is a good little family run site with a great pub nearby and a pleasant circular walk down to Porlock Weir on your doorstep so to speak.

We've only stayed in the CAMC site in Looe (which we can recommend) so far but if you're not in a hurry to get to Cornwall, the Porlock Holiday Park is a good little family run site with a great pub nearby and a pleasant circular walk down to Porlock Weir on your doorstep so to speak.
Have you been to Porlock recently as the recent reviews say they have closed the camping pitches for new statics. There is a camping field but no electric and a long walk to toilets?

We stayed there in October last year. The hardstanding pitches with EHU were more or less in the middle of the site; not far from the toilets / showers and with plenty of space around them.
I hope things haven't changed as we were planning to go back soon.

Back