Cornering Lights Speed Adjustment

Dieseldonkey

150 DSG Shuttle Conversion
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Is it possible with VCDS to alter the speed at which the cornering light function is disabled. Seems the factory setting is 25mph. Would prefer 35mph. Can it be done?

Would really like to know the answer to this myself. We have a Caddy, as well as a T6, and specified cornering lights - only to find the damned things go off when you need them most - at higher speeds on country roads at night!
Can you remove the speed limit on the cornering lights altogether?

Nothing related is documented in the VCDS or in the OBDeleven.
However, if I would have to make a guess - I would try adaptation channel 32 :speechless:.
My reasoning:
The few documented channels related to lights are scattered on channels 20...48, and most of the channels (in the range) are available/active (only #21 in the range doesn't respond).
The channel 32 has value 40 (if it were representing speed value in km/h that would equal to 25mph). There are no other channels which have values even near that (except that channel 34 has value of 30).​
Unfortunately I don't have the cornering lights so can't verify this :whistle:.

Last edited:
OBD11 developmental data suggests that indeed BCM (module 09) Adaptation Channel 32 is holding the value for cornering light threshold speed. From the factory = 40 km/h.
OBD11-BCM_Adaptation-32-1c.jpg
Channel 33 - angle of steering wheel to switch on. Default = 90.
Channel 34 - angle of steering wheel to switch off. Default = 30.
Channel 37 - intensity o_O Abbiegelicht: Helligkeit. EDIT: Default = 80.

Last edited:
OBD11 developmental data suggests that indeed BCM (module 09) Adaptation Channel 32 is holding the value for cornering light threshold speed. From the factory = 40 km/h.
View attachment 49724
Channel 37 - intensity o_O Abbiegelicht: Helligkeit

Thanks for this info @mmi. Value altered from 40 to 60 kph. Works a treat.

Reactions: mmi
Heres a question, what is your light intensity set to in ch37. My cornering lights are dire & tonight while reversing I thought I'd flick the fogs on & they brighten right up. Just wondered if you knew what yours were set to?

Heres a question, what is your light intensity set to in ch37. My cornering lights are dire & tonight while reversing I thought I'd flick the fogs on & they brighten right up. Just wondered if you knew what yours were set to?

Afraid we didn't play about with that @Spookybear . I didn't notice what it was set to. I'd imagine that there is variability in the setting however to avoid shortening the bulb life. That together with the soft start feature.

View attachment 49724
Channel 37 - intensity o_O Abbiegelicht: Helligkeit. EDIT: Default = 80.

Do you know the long coding bytes bits on module 09 that correspond to these, so i can configure using obd11. I read that cornering light activation for my car is bit one, fourth byte of long code.

Do you know the long coding bytes bits on module 09 that correspond to these, so i can configure using obd11. I read that cornering light activation for my car is bit one, fourth byte of long code.
When OBD11 is connected to the car it will receive all the coding information from their server.
According to OBD11 the corresponding bit for T6 is in byte 12, bit 6:
OBD11 9-Byte_12.jpg

EDIT: Also byte 21
OBD11 9-Byte_21.jpg

Last edited:
Back