Coolant replacement & bleeding valves

T6 DSG SWB

Hi everyone,

I have noticed my van has the wrong coolant, it is a g12 coolant however my manual says it needs to be a g13.

How do I get rid of all the coolant correctly and also where are all the bleed valves located and is it a straight forward job or is it more complicated as I have done this job before to a Citroen van which was a piece of cake but with this 2017 van and with a lot of sensors I do not want to get it wrong by not getting all the coolant out!!
Thanks

When I’m doing a coolant change I drop the coolant out and flush the system with clean water, I suggest you drain into a suitable container for disposal some household waste sites take this,
To refill I use a vacuum filling system what I is the recommended way also using vcds activate the secondary coolant pump if fitted whilst engine is running and set the level

Ah right I see i had a feeling i would need to use vcds to activate the secondary coolant pump and a vacuum filling tool, is there a drain plug for these vans to drain the coolant? And yes definately will be draining into a empty container and disposing of it to my household waste site as i live 5 mins away from one

Hi everyone,

I have noticed my van has the wrong coolant, it is a g12 coolant however my manual says it needs to be a g13.

How do I get rid of all the coolant correctly and also where are all the bleed valves located and is it a straight forward job or is it more complicated as I have done this job before to a Citroen van which was a piece of cake but with this 2017 van and with a lot of sensors I do not want to get it wrong by not getting all the coolant out!!
Thanks
Woah woah! wait!! what's the engine number?? I had this on a CAAB engine - manual said G13 Actually needs G12+ ......forget the manuals - VW manuals dont account for cross overs - for example the T6s with T5.1 CAAB engines in.....like mine....

Hi mommabear its a CXHA engine, been checking the auto shops like euro car parts etc and coolant defo comes at g13

Back