I had a lot of dealings with AJC prior to giving in and going with a company more local. Every communication I had with them was brilliant, friendly but professional and incredibly knowledgable. Seem to love what he does as well.
:)

Mine is currently with AJC Glossop. Andy who runs it is very helpful and goes through everything with you.

He will build the van to your spec, so you can have it as bespoke as you like....

Would definitely recommend.

+1 for AJC. Great folks to deal with.

I had a lot of dealings with AJC prior to giving in and going with a company more local. Every communication I had with them was brilliant, friendly but professional and incredibly knowledgable. Seem to love what he does as well.
:)

Without doubt, another +1 for AJC :thumbsup:
Nice people to do business with and a high attention to detail

I'll second the 8-Ball Campers recommendation. Quality materials and build. Also, Colin, one of the owners, invented the popular Loc8 table system. He's quite handy for his knowledge.

Hi,
Just about to acquire a nearly new T32 LWB and am looking for suggestions/recommendations for conversion companies to speak to up north...I’m in West Yorkshire but happy to travel to get the right supplier if need be.

Vehicle already has external upgrades (wheels, splitters, sides etc) and a HiLo roof so just looking for the interior and associated tech. I am looking for an absolutely premium finish, the best on the market!

Thanks
Have a look at Three Bridge Camper Conversions. VW Camper Conversions | Professional Volkswagen Transporter Campervan Conversion | UK

I'll second the 8-Ball Campers recommendation. Quality materials and build. Also, Colin, one of the owners, invented the popular Loc8 table system. He's quite handy for his knowledge.
I stick with 8ball as a recommendation but need to have a word with them about fitting a standard split charge relay (not even a smart me) was to a EU6 engine vehicle. Also the cable entry under the passenger seat needs a grommet/seal.

I stick with 8ball as a recommendation but need to have a word with them about fitting a standard split charge relay (not even a smart me) was to a EU6 engine vehicle. Also the cable entry under the passenger seat needs a grommet/seal.
I agree re the split charge relay. I got them to change mine for a Redarc DC-DC charger. I'll check that seal out in the morning.

So did they change this after the conversion was complete or did you request this during/before the build? Did they change this for you for free?

Theres Shire Conversions in Ferrybridge, no idea how they rate though.
IH Motorhomes in Knottingley are utterly superb but I think they only do their own vans.
Austops are here in Yorkshire and theres Hllside Leisure in Derby.

Status 1 quoted me 25k just for a conversion! :laugh: to think I bought a 2 year old fully converted van for not much more :whistle:
Status 1 are expensive but they’re a top of the range converter. That price isn’t just for the internals, it will also cover suspension, top notch wheels, customised upholstery, body kit etc. If you’re just looking for an internal conversion, that’s not really what Status 1 do.

Status 1 are expensive but they’re a top of the range converter. That price isn’t just for the internals, it will also cover suspension, top notch wheels, customised upholstery, body kit etc. If you’re just looking for an internal conversion, that’s not really what Status 1 do.
This is a great point, my conversion was just the camper conversion, no styling etc was included. I was happy with this at the time as I wanted to make it my own but it soon adds up, wheels, suspension, side bars, splitter, grills etc etc etc.$$$

A friend of mine bought a newly converted van which I thought at the time was expensive but looking back on it, if you are happy to buy off the shelf, he got a bargain.

But this was never going to be about saving money or we would all be driving fiat/Citroen/Peugeot :eek:

So did they change this after the conversion was complete or did you request this during/before the build? Did they change this for you for free?
No, I requested the Redarc as part of the conversion, which is hooked up to a solar panel. I paid for that upgrade .

Very sensible, I got a solar panel and victron mttp but didn’t know if this issue with the relay until afterward. I was trusting them to know best.

All seasons actually convert Status 1 Automotives Vans, I can only speak from my experience @LSNE would be intrested to see why you would say stay clear

Back