Conversion Companies Up North?

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by JaLa, 12 Feb 2020.

1. JaLa

JaLa New Member

Map
    Hi,
    Just about to acquire a nearly new T32 LWB and am looking for suggestions/recommendations for conversion companies to speak to up north...I’m in West Yorkshire but happy to travel to get the right supplier if need be.

Vehicle already has external upgrades (wheels, splitters, sides etc) and a HiLo roof so just looking for the interior and associated tech. I am looking for an absolutely premium finish, the best on the market!

Thanks

2. James1982

James1982 Member

Hi
    I had Merseyspeed do me a full lining insulation\soundproofing, diesel heater, rear windows, rear speakers, leisure electrics, flooring, halo roof etc. I am really impressed with the work they carried out and would defiantly use them again.

JaLa likes this.
  3. JaLa

JaLa New Member

Map
    Great, will take a look. Thanks

4. cgtmiles

cgtmiles Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Check out 8 ball campers in East Riding, they mostly do their standard configs but can do anything. I’ve just had mine converted (standard) and very pleased with the result

JaLa likes this.
  5. MatT6

MatT6 Senior Member T6 Pro

If I lived where you do and I had money to burn I'd use Status 1, without a doubt. Their work is incredible, albeit very pricey. I really wanted them to do my conversion, or buy one of their converted vans.

cgtmiles and JaLa like this.
  6. cgtmiles

They do look nice and have cupboards above the sink and across the back as standard something I found to be a little unusual for converters standard spec builds. This was one of the reasons I went with 8ball.

The exclusive spec seems to fit the bill when it comes to price ;)

I think if I was going for a no holds barred conversion I would look out for the truly bespoke converters. This was not what we looked at at all as wanted to get all the basics done first then if we wanted we could upgrade or adapt from that base (and we couldn’t afford it!:D We couldn’t afford it anyway tbh:rofl: )

MatT6 likes this.
  7. MatT6

MatT6 Senior Member T6 Pro

Status 1 quoted me 25k just for a conversion! :laugh: to think I bought a 2 year old fully converted van for not much more :whistle:

cgtmiles likes this.
  8. cgtmiles

My budget was blown from the very start after I spent 10k more on the base van:whistle:

9. JaLa

JaLa New Member

Map
    Thanks everyone.

During my shirt but intense research period and whilst looking for ideas, these guys’ work looked excellent, exactly the kind of style I am looking for...
    VW Transporter T6 T6.1 LWB Dreamaker camper van conversion
    Typically, they are located in one of the furthest places away from me that I could find!!

cgtmiles likes this.
  10. tifflepops

tifflepops Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Campervandals in Wakefield

If I had all of the monies though i would be taking it to new wave conversion! Not north by any means (they are north of Cardiff if that counts?) but there stuff is off the chain!

JaLa likes this.
  11. Leehoops

Leehoops Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Jaibow campers in holmfirth are the dogs ! Jason has done a full conversion on my van and his attention to detail is fantastic ! I am ocd I I can’t find any fault at all ! He wants the job to be spot on which is all you can ask for :thumbsup:

JaLa likes this.
  12. CO!!NMS

CO!!NMS New Member

Map
    All Seasons Leisure

JaLa likes this.
  13. cgtmiles

Lol, Cornwall, what’s the title of this thread?
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

JaLa likes this.
  14. cgtmiles

JaLa likes this.
  15. JasonW

JasonW Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Mine is currently with AJC Glossop. Andy who runs it is very helpful and goes through everything with you.

He will build the van to your spec, so you can have it as bespoke as you like....

Would definitely recommend.

Stewby and JaLa like this.
  16. Mattn

Mattn New Member VIP Member

+1 for AJC. Great folks to deal with.

JaLa and Stewby like this.
  17. andrew smith

andrew smith Member VIP Member

Check out Alpine campers in keighley ask for mark, great guy who does a amazing job

JaLa likes this.
  18. stevep360

stevep360 Member VIP Member

exploria

JaLa likes this.
  19. SAF1981

SAF1981 Member VIP Member T6 Pro

All Seasons Liesure have a decent workshop that convert a high end camper conversion

JaLa likes this.
  20. Stewby

Stewby Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

I had a lot of dealings with AJC prior to giving in and going with a company more local. Every communication I had with them was brilliant, friendly but professional and incredibly knowledgable. Seem to love what he does as well.
    :)

JaLa likes this.