Convenience unit software update

I have had a recall notice for a software update to fix an issue that can lead to a flat battery when vehicle is parked

Hi yes took mine in for the high brake light replaced due to seal dropping out. While there was told that they were doing the software update told it was to do with the blue motion got to go back this Thursday as they didn't have the light for a T6 so will ask for more details on the update.

Ah right, what extra settings are available with the update?

I was horrified by the lack of options in the mfd, I assumed they hadn't been set up properly but the garage put me straight "well it is just a van sir!"

Has anyone had a call or details about the convenience unit update for there T6?
Yes. Have had mine done. Its the energy management system. It's the level that the vehicles starts to cut things to save the power in the battery. One of the first things to go is the start stop. Some had the level set too high so it doesn't take much power drop for thinks to be cut. I was in the garage for just under 1 hr for the software update.

would have been good to get an 'adaption channel map' reading before and after it went in for this update, then we could possibly find out which coding is neccessary to further increase the Start-Stop battery level

would have been good to get an 'adaption channel map' reading before and after it went in for this update, then we could possibly find out which coding is neccessary to further increase the Start-Stop battery level
On my Touareg we used an adaptation to reverse the operation to off at startup and also reverse the warning light which is the ideal scenario. I tested the same adaptation on the T6 but got an error, also don't have the security access code to the T6 module.

T6 coding will not be the same as a Touareg as they are a completely different platform, I think I have seen on another forum that it was adaption channel 34 tried, this channel has nothing to do with Start-Stop. I can do it with VCP but VCDS method is not known yet

I did not get the point... Should have or should't have the T6 a convenience menu? My T6 is missing it, which is strange. Shall update fix the issue or not?

I did not get the point... Should have or should't have the T6 a convenience menu? My T6 is missing it, which is strange. Shall update fix the issue or not?
No, no convenience menu heading on T6

So, for what reason VW included this option into T6 Owner's manual, if it's not available on T6?

Back