Continual errors despite EGR, TCV and MAF being replaced. 102 CAAB engine T6/T28

bikers1

Recently had my EGR replaced, van was running great.

a day later I got P0101 (MAF) and PO299 (Underboost) on my simple Ancel VAG reader.

Replaced the MAF and TCV with Peirburg ones.

10 mins driving and the glowplug/coil light was flashing ... again .... but it would still rev okay, no 'apparent loss in power.

I cleared the codes, coil light came back on, switch off and on and it took an hour for the EML to appear.

Same 101, 299 errors

I've checked the vaccuum hoses with a gauge, all the pipes for leaks and all the eletrical connections

I checked the actuator on the turbo and it is free moving with apporpriate resistance from the diaphragm.

I'm new to such fangled electronics in cars, prior to this I had an L200 K74, shoguns, land rovers, nice and simple ;-)

The van 'seems' to be running and performing fine ....

Am I missing something ? my question for those who have more experience of these fangled bloody things, do I need to clear this with a VCDS, do a wild fandango ? , sacrifice a goat ?

@mmi mentioned on another thread that there are software updates for T6's , mine is a 2016, is it possible that might be an issue ?

@mmi mentioned on another thread that there are software updates for T6's , mine is a 2016, is it possible that might be an issue ?
No, not related.

For CAAB engine - have you checked this:

No, not related.

For CAAB engine - have you checked this:

Reactions: mmi
So .... just for completeness, so that this thread has a conclusion, should anyone find it in the future,

after saying f*ck it and driving 150 miles the van finally lost nearly all power on some very steep hills in N'umberland ...

shouted the AA, after giving him the run down to date he said "I know what it'll be" almost immediately, no real surprise when we checked the state of the intercooler

I pulled the front off, whilst he drove to Sunderland to pick up a new one, fitted in 15 minutes and all is good :)

1652641076176.png
1652641352114.png

I like the pic of you praying to the van gods.

So why was your cooler broken?

I like the pic of you praying to the van gods.

So why was your cooler broken?
lol, That's my pal Jane rolling a roll up ..... she only has one arm so has to kneel down to do it :)

As for why ? , ask Mr Volkswagen why thier intercoolers only last 81k miles ;-) , talking to a fella on FB who's cooler went at 50k miles

My mistake, I'm fixated on the van gods, i spend a lot of time thanking them for my 9 months of trouble free t6 ownership.
So did the AA install it free of charge? Seems hell of a big job for an AA call out.

Back