Consumption display

tonyteeth

Good morning everyone,i have just collected my van from vw preston after the engine management light came on the dash.I havent owned the van long at all,in fact only really driven it back from the garage that i purchased it from (100 miles away) around the town a handful of times times then one decent run of around 90 miles to take it to the vw garage and back.
Now before it went back the consumption 2 was working fine if it was driving around town the mpg would come down then on the long run it went up to the high 40s.Now it just doesnt seem to move at all,i go out to it in the morning turn on the ignition and its on the same figure as the day before without even moving off the drive,even when driving it barely moves ,and this is probably me but it just seems a lot more thirsty than when it went in,any ideas anyone,many thanks

Doesn’t that mean that consumption 2 is your long term average i.e. It doesn’t reset itself for each drive ?
If that is the case then it will not change much for each drive.

Pete

Good morning everyone,i have just collected my van from vw preston after the engine management light came on the dash.I havent owned the van long at all,in fact only really driven it back from the garage that i purchased it from (100 miles away) around the town a handful of times times then one decent run of around 90 miles to take it to the vw garage and back.
Now before it went back the consumption 2 was working fine if it was driving around town the mpg would come down then on the long run it went up to the high 40s.Now it just doesnt seem to move at all,i go out to it in the morning turn on the ignition and its on the same figure as the day before without even moving off the drive,even when driving it barely moves ,and this is probably me but it just seems a lot more thirsty than when it went in,any ideas anyone,many thanks
Have you tried resetting consumption 2? The more miles covered the less it varies.

no i havent tried to reset the consumption 2,how do i do this and what is the consumption 1 as those numbers bounce all over the place just with the touch of a peddle,sorry for what seem daft questions

no i havent tried to reset the consumption 2,how do i do this and what is the consumption 1 as those numbers bounce all over the place just with the touch of a peddle,sorry for what seem daft questions

You've got your average consumption and instant consumption but 2 sets of readings.
One set of readings is reset when the van has been switched off for over a couple of hours, so this set is more of an invidivdual trip reading, and the other set of is your long term readings and its average mpg reading of this set that won't change much because it only resets itself after thousands of miles. (cant remember how many but its alot).

Thanks for that reply mate that makes perfect sense,do you know how you change between the 2 settings on the consumption 2

Thanks for that reply mate that makes perfect sense,do you know how you change between the 2 settings on the consumption 2
When you're looking at the consumption in the MFD, press the OK button on your steering wheel. That will change it to consumption 1. Another press changes it back to consumption 2.

Consumption 1 is the trip consumption. The average consumption for your current journey. As said above it resets itself after the van ignition has been off for a few hours.
Consumption 2 is the long term average consumption. This resets as said above after several thousand miles or so.

Reactions: .50
Back