Confused First Timer

Ali-G

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I got an online quote from Just Campers yesterday for a van that I’m thinking of buying, they quoted £1400 :oops:
My current car is insured with LV so I gave them a call and asked them for a mult-car quote with my 2018 Tiguan 240 R-Line. They came back with an extra £197. :p

Bimbo777

Cheers for all the info on here. I’m literally about to go and pick my first ever van up, a 2018 panel van which I will slowly be converting but nowt too serious as it’ll also be my everyday vehicle. I have 5 days complimentary insurance but was worried what to do after that. Obviously won’t be using it anytime soon for trips away until lockdown properly eases though.
I‘m a key worker and currently without a vehicle so I have bought it online without seeing it in the flesh or driving it! I have 14 days to change my mind if I don’t want it though.

Mud Digger

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Yep Correct your van is a commercial vehicle even for just social use but Admiral will insure it for that i would think. they have just sorted mine. mines not used for work but my daily commute and social domestic use.

Mud Digger

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I got an online quote from Just Campers yesterday for a van that I’m thinking of buying, they quoted £1400 :oops:
My current car is insured with LV so I gave them a call and asked them for a mult-car quote with my 2018 Tiguan 240 R-Line. They came back with an extra £197. :p
try Brent acres for modified vehicles / campers

Mud Digger

VIP Member
T6 Pro
LV gave me a high quote £540 for my panel van with not adding eurocover screen or NCB

Stantman

T6 Pro
Admiral were by far the cheapest for me. T6 LWB lined with leisure electrics and R&R bed. Admiral happy to class as partial conversion so all mods covered.
Just remember as a commercial vehicle you dont get driving other cars extension and cant get it added.

Mud Digger

VIP Member
T6 Pro
i have just added my Mods to my Admiral account = £5.000 furniture bed and electrics lining carpet Ect on value of van for £60.00 that includes a £25.00 admin fee

i thought really good value 2016 T30 Trendline blue-motion with Aircon and cruise control ( lucky me ) = £20,000 370 + 60 £430.00 + my bad got hit with a £70 fine on top for no proof of full no claims thats refundable when i can get proof from my office Nick

cy294

T6 Pro
It really is a mine field. I phoned my insurance co to add mods and they said they couldn't insure me. Left me with looking for alternative.

Aplan was nearly £500 which was with mods added but everything else on top such as legal cover.

Did online quote with LV, declared the mods, spoke to a human as well to confirm and that was £70 quid cheaper with legal, protected NCD, and an online discount .works out £39 per month. Still a lot, but has to be done.

Mud Digger

VIP Member
T6 Pro
It really is a mine field. I phoned my insurance co to add mods and they said they couldn't insure me. Left me with looking for alternative.

Aplan was nearly £500 which was with mods added but everything else on top such as legal cover.

Did online quote with LV, declared the mods, spoke to a human as well to confirm and that was £70 quid cheaper with legal, protected NCD, and an online discount .works out £39 per month. Still a lot, but has to be done.
did you try Brent acre, Direct-line can be cheap sometimes are for light commercials and try price matching too its all worth a try ...

Paul C

VIP Member
I used Brent Acre who were brilliant. Really know about the vehicles and very switched on, I got a quote from somewhere else which was slightly cheaper but I went with Brent Acre because of their knowledge and service