Composite Doors

BAZT6

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello All as part of the work on our house I want to fit a new composite front door. I have had quotes from a couple of firms, one was such hard work I am not keen on giving them the job. There seems to be such a range of prices on these doors, yes I realize you gets what you pay for. Has anyone had any experience with any of these doors and could they point me in the right direction.

Cheers Baz

We used these guys to install a "Rockdoor Ultimate" nearly 5 years ago:- Composite Doors | Rockdoor | Solidor

Excellent sound and heat insulation and very secure :). Still looks very good after nearly 5 years.

IMG_3795.jpg

Update; just dug the order out - cost of door and side panel was £1512 inc, VAT, installation, disposal of old door & building certificate.

Last edited:
I'd wanted a gold plated one for that amount, how much was the labour??
Can't tell - I did get a break down of each component but prices all included the fitting, etc.

I’ve been looking at composite doors, going to fit myself, but look like over a grand with a side panel :eek:

We have one going in next week. Front door and large side panel. Paid £1,672.00 fitted with old door taken away. They weren't the cheapest (although not a lot between the 2) but they have fitted patio doors in the past which I'm very pleased with.
I would say £1,500 fitted is around the right price for front door and side panel as our side panel is rather large.

0CDBE78F-4E3E-4DBE-8596-AB58D5ADEDD1.jpeg I install Composite doors for a living, regularly fitting 3 to 4 a week plus window installations, there can be a large variation in price from company to company and a lot of the times it’s the same door slab but different hardware, not always better quality either.

I supply and fit single doors from £750 to £1100 normally inc Vat, doors with side panels are as said around £1500 upwards, normally it’s bespoke colours and bespoke Glazing where your paying more.

Something like above is around £1650 inc Vat fitted with Stainless steel bar handles, letter plate and hinges plus automatic locking.

Thanks for the replies. Tony what part of the country are you in? I am after a single door with no side panel. Like the one in your picture or the style with the 4 small square windows. What type are the doors that you install, are they the ones with the wooden core or foam.
Cheers Baz

I got mine from the composite door shop. Door and frame 570 quid delivered. Measure the door right and they are so easy to fit its unreal.

20180714_132510.jpg

Back