Comfort Dash in photos

Hi @Dino
Yes all the parts on the list ,plus one more for a rubber mat for the top tray ,the part guy missed it off but it's only a few pounds .
The top part in piano black ,is also available in a textured finish .
Does fitting require chopping bits out or is it straightforward.
Sorry for all the questions.

Does fitting require chopping bits out or is it straightforward.
Sorry for all the questions.
There is a plastic trim around the bottom of the gear console ,this needs cutting down .it is only thin plastic .
Also some carpet needs trimming off .
Once it's fitted there is a piece of carpet short on the passenger side .
But it is possible to trim a bit from under the console .
I will put a photo on to show you .
If you just take it steady ,and trim small bits of till it fits .
The main trimming is at the bottom for the bottle holder to close .

You also have to remove glove box ,5 torx screws and the pannel under the steering wheel .

There is a plastic trim around the bottom of the gear console ,this needs cutting down .it is only thin plastic .
Also some carpet needs trimming off .
Once it's fitted there is a piece of carpet short on the passenger side .
But it is possible to trim a bit from under the console .
I will put a photo on to show you .
If you just take it steady ,and trim small bits of till it fits .
The main trimming is at the bottom for the bottle holder to close .
I have rubber floor ?

Couldn't you do the bit around the bottom of the wheel and aroudn teh A/C controls??

Also did you get a 2nd USB in place in the new console?
It's not possible to fit the silver trim because these is no way of fixing it in place .on the comfort dash the section where it fixes is recessed back .
Yes I have the second USB in the centre console and one in the glove compartment aswell .

I wonder if you could help me please. I am about to place an order for a new Highline T6 van and I really want to order the comfort dash. I am here in Ireland and the dealer says its not an option which I expected him to say so I phone VW Ireland support man and he said if I get a van which has this dash and send him on the chassis number then he can identify what I need to order when getting my van, So in short I am wondering if anyone here would mind sending me your chassis number so he can input it into the VW computer and order me what I want.I am ordering a VW T6 highline
I would very much appreciate your help
Regards
Sean

You trying to order a panel van or kombi? It's a Kombi only thing...

I am ordering a PV but in the hope that they will include the comfort dash in this for me!! I think I read somewhere that someone got it with an order on a PV
Thanks again
Regards
Sean

Yes i think you can but only with single passenger seat and centre console occupies space where 2nd passenger would be, or at least there legs !
Its nuts how many times this comfort dash has and hasnt been available

Fi
Yes i think you can but only with single passenger seat and centre console occupies space where 2nd passenger would be, or at least there legs !
Its nuts how many times this comfort dash has and hasnt been available

Fingers crossed they will put it through for me! Ya I am going for the single seat on passenger side and I was also made aware that you have to opt for the carpet in front cab to be able to select comfort dash

Comfort Dash is a Highline Kombi with single passenger seat & cab carpet only option.

It is not available on panel vans.

Believe me it was a nightmare getting mine but got there in the end.

VW Customer Service blocked my telephone numbers after I gave them so much aggro........ :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hope this will help some people decide on the comfort dash or not. I was undecided so made a short clip to compare them.
Decided in the end to not to go for it. Not long until she arrives on the 1st March and I'll prob wish I did go for it!

I've got a comfort dash but it only has one USB point. Can another be added as I need to plug in CarNet dongle and iPhone?

Yes but it's expensive over 200 quid in parts and fitting is not straight forward !

Back