Comfort Dash retrofit?

Hi do you have vw switches on your climate control panel ?
No it's just a highline with t5 heated seats with a connection block under each seat. I a happy to just have switched on the side of each seat if that's easier. The 2nd battery is under the drivers seat with another a CTEK box nest to it. This is the heated seat connection block. Thanks

IMG_0438.JPG

Normally vw don't include any extra looms for non factory fitted extras if you Google heated seats wiring it's quite simple to do cheers Paul

I mount my ctek unit and battery at the rear of all my vans to keep the solar connections as short as possible

I mount my ctek unit and battery at the rear of all my vans to keep the solar connections as short as possible
I don't have solar it is only installed for something to do with the charging with it being blue motion?

No you need to take your feed from the fuse box low down to the left of the gearchange your ctek unit should take it's ignition feed from the centre of the fuse box

I'm just having dinner if you can wait a while ill take a pic where you can connect to in the fuse box

There you go can you see tge fused connection you can you use any of the centre fuse rails for an ignition switched supply20171227_170459.jpg

No you need to take your feed from the fuse box low down to the left of the gearchange your ctek unit should take it's ignition feed from the centre of the fuse box
The box was a afterthought as he didn't realise it needed on. I have a fuse next to the main battery and another under the seat that are to do with the box?. Think it was his first T6

There you go can you see tge fused connection you can you use any of the centre fuse rails for an ignition switched supplyView attachment 16520
Sorry just seen the pic you sent me Thanks for that it helps a lot. I will need to get switches and cables etc so do you think i should just get a heated seat kit and just use the bits out of that and then just bin the pads.

I might be interested in the pads to do a bit of experimenting if you do go down that route ?

To be honest tgats hat i did
Seen this kit and it has all the relays and fuse so shouldn't be to bad ti fit and it will have instructions. I am handy as am a heating engineer but when it comes to auto electrics I am always a little cautious. Thanks for your advise it always helps to get other opinions to eventually reach a conclusion. I have tried a few company's around me but they don't seem interested in even looking.

IMG_0611.PNG

Back