Comfort Dash

One thing I've noticed more recently; the lower compartment with the cupholders sticks out too much; it almost touches the passenger seat if fully forwards; pull the cupholders out and it does touch. Not an issue in a van but in a camper or Velle it's a PITA for getting from the passenger seat to the back.

A bit daft IMO.

One thing I've noticed more recently; the lower compartment with the cupholders sticks out too much; it almost touches the passenger seat if fully forwards; pull the cupholders out and it does touch. Not an issue in a van but in a camper or Velle it's a PITA for getting from the passenger seat to the back.

A bit daft IMO.
At last, a reason to be happy about my plain van dash :thumbsup:

Another one; the comfort dash scratches too easily. Really soft plastics used on the "piano black" bits.

I do like it but it's not all good.
Had van and car detailed today, chap who does this is wax 'n vax (superb job too) he does a lot of detailing on piano black inserts on different vehicles, it's a common problem and a pita!

Had van and car detailed today, chap who does this is wax 'n vax (superb job too) he does a lot of detailing on piano black inserts on different vehicles, it's a common problem and a pita!
Yep the BM has it too but it seems to have worn better.

Oh what I'd do for a decent detailer around here - I can do 90% of jobs but I can't be bothered to learn how to machine polish or restore headlights, plastics, etc. We've only got mediocre "valeters."

Yep the BM has it too but it seems to have worn better.

Oh what I'd do for a decent detailer around here - I can do 90% of jobs but I can't be bothered to learn how to machine polish or restore headlights, plastics, etc. We've only got mediocre "valeters."
Know what you mean, last year he did the van for the first time, charged me a flat rate and spent all day on it until he was happy, a perfectionist, both cars now shiny in swisswax

:eek: Oh maybe not so much of a bargain then m8 don't think I could justify spending that much on a dash.
The satnav on the discover media unit isn't worth the money it's hard to put post codes into it, I wouldn't go for it again on next one,
I have cab carpet and app connect

I gave up trying to put the postcode in and used my phone instead ha

I gave up trying to put the postcode in and used my phone instead ha
Now that i have gotten used to the way the postcode needs to be entered; the flicking back and forth from the ABC screen to the 123 screen in order to get a space between the two sets of numbers, it's become really easy to use. It's nowhere near as nice as the system I had in my Audi A6, but it does the job and gets me where I need to go.

Have you tried putting in a space inbetween the codes?

Its a pool car and the first time I had used it and was in a rush so easier to revert to phone. What I did notice though was that the touch screen looked a mess with loads of dirty finger marks on it and was impossible to keep clean - no good for my ocd ha

Its a pool car and the first time I had used it and was in a rush so easier to revert to phone. What I did notice though was that the touch screen looked a mess with loads of dirty finger marks on it and was impossible to keep clean - no good for my ocd ha
Yay, another OCD sufferer on here.
Hi everyone, my name is Dave, and I'm OCD.
There are a few of us on here with the same problem. Quite a few called Dave as well. Don't suppose you're a Dave as well?

Yay, another OCD sufferer on here.
Hi everyone, my name is Dave, and I'm OCD.
There are a few of us on here with the same problem. Quite a few called Dave as well. Don't suppose you're a Dave as well?

Middle name lmfao

FWIW if you update the data on the SD card (takes a while as its a large download) the space is not required in the postcode, you still need to flip from letters>numbers>letters but saves the two flips in the middle to put the space in

FWIW if you update the data on the SD card (takes a while as its a large download) the space is not required in the postcode, you still need to flip from letters>numbers>letters but saves the two flips in the middle to put the space in
How do you get that? Do you have to save it to the Navigation SD card?

is nav an optional extra - I actually know very little about the spec of the Highline as ordered on a whim.

How do you get that? Do you have to save it to the Navigation SD card?
There's a website where you can download map updates it replaces all the data on the card but it about a 14gb download but thankfully you can download 1gb chunks at a time as it takes a while (or you could do it at work ? Sshh)
I will have my laptop at Bala if you want the card updated

Back