Candy White - What colour for pop top canvas?

Juliedaisy

hi I’m new to this forum but as previously a member of t4 forum. Now proud owner of lwb t6 in white. Have decided on austops pop top in white...but was considering getting a coloured canvas. I like the orange but was worried it would let the light in and blind me in a morning . Has anyone any experience of a coloured canvas? Thank you

hi I’m new to this forum but as previously a member of t4 forum. Now proud owner of lwb t6 in white. Have decided on austops pop top in white...but was considering getting a coloured canvas. I like the orange but was worried it would let the light in and blind me in a morning . Has anyone any experience of a coloured canvas? Thank you
@Ed Webb, has an orange canvas (Poss not on an Austops roof) but the effect will be the same.
I have tagged him in so i’m sure he will be along at some point to give his review.

Welcome to the forum @Juliedaisy.
My pop-top is a skyline and features an orange canvas as previously mentioned.
Your woes are justified as the orange does indeed let the light through early in the morning, however its not horrifically unpleasant. Its hard to describe the light level but as a rough stab its possibly similar to using an empty duvet cover as a curtain.

Ha ok than you. much as I thought then...I don’t mind the sun coming in but partner isn’t keen. The orange does look lovely though :)

Get your partner one of those blindfolds people wear on planes then everyone’s a winner...

Welcome to the forum @Juliedaisy.
My pop-top is a skyline and features an orange canvas as previously mentioned.
Your woes are justified as the orange does indeed let the light through early in the morning, however its not horrifically unpleasant. Its hard to describe the light level but as a rough stab its possibly similar to using an empty duvet cover as a curtain.
:think smile bounce::fast rofl:

Ha ok than you. much as I thought then...I don’t mind the sun coming in but partner isn’t keen. The orange does look lovely though :)
Buy her a bivi tent...and enjoy your orange canvas..lol

Hi guys any ideas on pop top colours? I’m booked in next week for a pop top and with a black canvas finish more I look into black few people say the van get to hot in the summer with being black anybody out there got black canvas at mo ?

Speaking personally, I've not got black 'canvas' on mine and nor would I have it, regardless of the colour of the van it went on (mine's mid grey material on an Acapulco Blue van and roof).! That said, you might want to ask the mods to move this to a more suitable area of the forum to get a better response (or delete it yourself and repost).

A light colour is better or summer. Could choose a similar colour to the vehicle unless it was black. You could also look at a more camouflaged look, greens, browns and so on or for stealth Khaki or Camo, type.

Gotta imagine opening your eyes in a morning being dazzled by the bright sunlight streaking through the vivid colour.... No

Gotta imagine opening your eyes in a morning being dazzled by the bright sunlight streaking through the vivid colour.... No
I’m thinking I’ll be sleeping with the roof down most of the time. Unless I want the ventilation in summer-but the bed board will be down then. We won’t ever be sleeping in the roof bit.

I have a light to mid grey canvas and it makes my interior nice and bright. Friends who have darker colours have a much darker inside. I think its a personal choice as to what you like. I live in a hot climate so light colours are a better option in summer.

Reactions: Jlo
Apologies If I have posted in the incorrect section but I was after some advice from fellow VW fans. My van has recently gone in to have its pop top roof installed. I have paid for the roof to be colour coded and I'm not all certain that I am happy with colour it has turned out. What do others think and should I return this to have it re-done?
Pop top 2.jpgPop top 3.jpg
Pop top 1.jpg

Back