Colour coding some of the extra bits?

Rich

T6 Pro
Hi All,

Inspired by a post Jason from Absolute Audio put on facebook, has anyone else colour-coded any extra bits of grills/bumper to good effect or had them done well by someone? I am thinking about getting the plastic bits of the grills and the mounting "triangles" for the wing mirrors done in deep black, just wondered if anyone had any experience of taking the bits off and either doing it themselves or getting it done?

Thanks,

Rich

image.jpeg I've done the strip on the front grill of mine, easy mod to do

Plan to do the same as @Simmo49 on the bumper trim and the lower part of thewing mirrors on mine.... Rather than paint (which I don't trust myself to do well) I'm planning to vinyl wrap........Got the vinyl wrap ready, just need to get some time to do it!!!

It was really easy to do the strip piece,it just lifts off in 3 bits and clips back on.

I would like to do mine in red do you mean the grill comes off in three pieces or just the one plastic strip.

Nice colour coding there at @Amped , didn't notice the dead fly polka dot theme on my mobile, crystal clear on the desktop :)

@Amped, is there a particular technique to get the trim off? Will be doing mine this week if the rain stops!

@Amped, is there a particular technique to get the trim off? Will be doing mine this week if the rain stops!
As far as I can remember just pull the trim towards you and slightly downwards trim will pop off and then you can just squeeze the clips.
Good luck Walski

What colour you going for @Walski ? I currently have a bit of vinyl stuck on mine which looks fine unless you get up really close, so I might still pop it off and paint it yet. I was considering doing the other bits of matt grey plastic in an otherwise nice shiney black bumper, anyone any experience of getting these bits off? I know @Absolut5 had his done before delivery, but I wasn't that pro-active!

Had most of the front of mine off @Rich which bits are you talking about in particular, the lower grills are a push fit with concealed clips to ease it off you can put fingers through grill upper and feel the clips which you can pull down slightly from behind which encourages them to come out when you pull the main grill pieces, centre has to go first as edge pieces locate behind it.
To remove main grill bumper has to come off and to get bumper off I think you have to remove or unscrew the fogs not 100% as I didn't do that piece myself

I wont lie I think its a bit of a bitch to do it all and not mark anything

There are loads of places online, eBay, Amazon etc.
I've got my stuff from carwrapdirect.com

Thanks Pauly, it was mainly the matt/textured bits of the lower grill (the bit surrounding the strip some of use have already coloured) and the similarly textured bits around the fogs. Are they both bumper off parts?

The centre lower grill is independent and can be removed by straight withdrawal, if you put your fingers through the top slit and bend your fingers up you can feel the clips and apply a slight down and out pressure to help encourage it out, once you get a couple loose it gets easier.
Centre section has to come out first as outside grill locates behind it
Not sure about fog surrounds ?
May be worth popping the rear covers (they are tight as hell) as if you were changing bulbs and you might be able to see a bit more

Bumper only has to come off to remove main top grill

Thanks Pauly, will have a look at the fogs and if I can get them out relatively easily, might go for a fully colour coded lower, will let you know how I get on.

Hi, have read this thread and thanks for all the help, I'm removing lower grill to be painted gloss black with trim strip to be done in red.
Another question I have is regarding the chrome strip on top grill, can this be removed or unclipped without having to remove full grill.
And while I'm on a roll has anyone had any dealings with removing the mirror trims so these can also be done.

Back