Lookers Teeside

kiter

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Collected my T6 yesterday, 204 dsg lwb. Wasn't a smooth journey home, 120 miles from home I had to call VW assist, engine management light came on, was told safe to carry on driving but to get it booked in and be looked at. Not the best start and local dealer cant see it till Monday.

Very pleased with it otherwise (maybe tempting fate saying this), adaptive cruise brilliant. The mountain bikes literally just fit in without having to take any wheels off, next job is create some secure fixings to hold them in place.

Not particularly impressed with the service from Lookers Teeside - handover was non existent and as for fuel I reckon it was barely fuel vapour that was left in the tank - 5 miles to empty, luckily a fuel station next door.

Pics not great and it needs a good wash, few bits to go on it this weekend along with 18 all season tyres. 20190129_104606.jpg 20190129_104550.jpg 20190129_104537.jpg

The mountain bikes literally just fit in without having to take any wheels off, next job is create some secure fixings to hold them in place.

Surely you mean with the rear seats out they do ??

Congrats on the new bike carrier too :thumbsup:

Surely you mean with the rear seats out they do ??

Congrats on the new bike carrier too :thumbsup:
Nope they both go in with the rear seats in place, I have to stress it is just and no more, the fat bike has about an inch to spare, the other one I think it might need the single seat folded flat as the rear mud guard is out over the wheel a touch, just to save it rubbing against the seat back.

After using the normal cruise control I would love to have adaptive cruise on mine.
It is really good, not quite as clever as the system on the A4 we have but in some ways better, the stop and go on the A4 is ace but when it starts to brake for corners coming up on its own it can be a PITA.

Nice Van, I had a similar experience with Swansway Birmingham. Kept me hanging around for 3 hours while still doing repairs on it that should have been done. Then gave me keys with no hand over only a “cheers”. Got home 2 hours later with a central locking fault. I called the dealer and was told take it to a local dealer (Wrexham) who had it for 3 days all with 4 hours of ownership. :) You have to laugh

Welcome to the club - I like the look of your trailer!!
Thanks, yeah trailer is based on an extended chassis wide track Sankey trailer so heavy duty and more than capable of going off road, rest is bits and bobs that I have been able to rescue from the skip, 110 tub with,110 hard top sides and series 3 roof - all just bolted together. Only panel I had to pay for was the rear door. Cant decide if I should try and finish it and use it behind my old disco 1 or just to try and sell it, defo wouldn't look good behind the T6...……..

Thanks, yeah trailer is based on an extended chassis wide track Sankey trailer so heavy duty and more than capable of going off road, rest is bits and bobs that I have been able to rescue from the skip, 110 tub with,110 hard top sides and series 3 roof - all just bolted together. Only panel I had to pay for was the rear door. Cant decide if I should try and finish it and use it behind my old disco 1 or just to try and sell it, defo wouldn't look good behind the T6...……..
It would have looked very good behind my 2014 Puma 110 - traded in a few months back - a decision I think I will come to regret one day :-(

I will probably be in the same boat mate, mine went away a few weeks ago, did have 2nd thoughts when I dropped it off. Had some good trips, this was spain last summer.DSC02146 (2).jpg

I will probably be in the same boat mate, mine went away a few weeks ago, did have 2nd thoughts when I dropped it off. Had some good trips, this was spain last summer.View attachment 36044
Nice!! Roof tent envy - Hannibal? If we hadn't gone with the T6 a couple of years ago that would probably of been the way we had gone.

nice, yep it was the only car I have been a bit sorry to part with. Onwards and upwards now, sure the T6 will be as much fun. Will miss the waves from fellow drivers though.
You do get the waves from fellow Transporter drivers but not so many as I used to get in the LR - I think because a lot tend to be commercial drivers - also sometimes you find a bit of reverse snobbery with some of the older models not waving back (there is loads on this subject elsewhere on the forum).

Yeah read that somewhere. I was brought up on Islay and everyone waved no matter what you were driving it was just the done thing, probably different now. Debating just now whether to carry on with the roof tent option or maybe get a driveaway awning, only downside with the roof tent is having to pack up every day if you want to use the vehicle.

If you are not going to be sleeping in the van then a driveaway awning would be a good option - as you say, you can leave it up whilst you drive off to do other things We had one for a couple of years but found we were not using it unless staying for more than a couple of nights in one place - also found we were rarely actually using it as a driveaway. We now have a much better setup (for us) with a Fiamma Privacy Room but, similar scenario to your roof tent, you have to pack it all away to move off.

I’d start with the roof tent (assuming you still have it and have/can get a suitable rack to mount on) before spending any money on an alternative.

Cracking Van, and i see it has already been lined etc.. I have ordered the Silent Coat, Thermoliner. Which will be with me tomorrow, so i guess i know what i will be doing this weekend...

Back