Coleman Camp Oven

Never saw one before! Too much for a camper for me. Ad says it runs on LPG

Never saw one before! Too much for a camper for me. Ad says it runs on LPG
Hi Jog. The oven is a simple folding aluminium box with a door latch and thermometer on the door. One oven shelf inside, and it sits over a gas ring. I would plan on using it over a Cadac Safari Chef.
Just wondering if anyone already has one, and if they would recommend it?

I’ve got one, only used a couple of times (garlic bread and pizza) it heated up quickly, the food cooked but didn’t go particularly brown (a bit like cooking something in a microwave). It folds down really small and is easy to assemble. On balance I think it’s handy to have in the van for the few occasions that an oven is needed.

I’ve got one, only used a couple of times (garlic bread and pizza) it heated up quickly, the food cooked but didn’t go particularly brown (a bit like cooking something in a microwave). It folds down really small and is easy to assemble. On balance I think it’s handy to have in the van for the few occasions that an oven is needed.
The small size when folded down is a great feature.

I'm interested to know what you heat it up with? I'm thinking of using the Cadac Safari Chef.

The small size when folded down is a great feature.

I'm interested to know what you heat it up with? I'm thinking of using the Cadac Safari Chef.
I put mine on my dometic hob in the van. Heats up quick, a bit “gappy“ around the edges so not sure it’s particularly efficient.

Does it have an automatic warning that says “shut that door” if you leave it open?

Well, I took the plunge and ordered one. They get great reviews everywhere.
Tried it in the garden to bake some bread rolls. Worked a treat!
Easily got to 220 degrees Celsius. Thermometer on door is not calibrated, but there’s an adjustment screw on the back of the door, so will have a go at adjusting next time.1857403D-2C44-41ED-B9C8-FA20E1EE301D.pngDB3EC7F6-B672-41D2-BD51-413A96086BC2.png

Back