Cold start of T6 euro6

You surely have verified that the Webasto actually preheats the engine? From factory Transporters are set to heat cabin only and the modification "Engine first then cabin" is done in-country. Unfortunately quite a few have slipped through without the modification :mad:

You surely have verified that the Webasto actually preheats the engine? From factory Transporters are set to heat cabin only and the modification "Engine first then cabin" is done in-country. Unfortunately quite a few have slipped through without the modification :mad:
No preheat used in video.

Yes, understood. My question was about "normal" day - you are sure also engine is heated before starting up, not just cabin?

Am surprised you even got in the door at that temperature, I struggled at -5° lol
Well maintained car, you have to be prepared here in Finland for the winter...

Yes, understood. My question was about "normal" day - you are sure also engine is heated before starting up, not just cabin?
Normally when I use Webasto, then the engine is also warm, it then sound different. I use normally it for 30-40min.

@mmi , is that something that can be set using VCDS?

Also, I thought that the pre-heater works itself when the temp drops. How do you "use" preheat from the webasto?

-16degC !!!!!

Jeez, were lucky to see -5 in London.

Why the key cycles before crank?

@mmi , is that something that can be set using VCDS?
Yes, however a dedicated software for the Webasto is needed to run it as parking heater in addition to "normal" auxiliary heater (which runs only when engine is running). Comes standard up here - quite a few Forum members have retrofitted... see linked threads further down.

Also, I thought that the pre-heater works itself when the temp drops. How do you "use" preheat from the webasto?
Plain auxiliary heater starts when ambient temperature is below +5C AND engine is running - so no heating without engine running. Parking heater functionality can be started independently - from a remote or a timer panel.

More behind the links:

-35? wow! I found at that the temperature were things start to be complicated is -18C, above, like -15C it is all fine and smooth, but -20C is another deal and it might not start at the first try. So -35 wow!

Last edited:
Back