Shuttle- Cold feet, well foot

veearrsix

VIP Member
Does anyone else have an issue with the footwell heating. The heater works fine, blows on all speeds, but when set to warm the footwell, there seems to be more hit or coming out of the dash vents than the footwell vents.

Also, I only seem to be able to warm up my right foot, as a cold draught seems to be blowing between the front seats.

Where could that be coming from?

I have a shuttle btw

Now the weather has started to turn I've started to notice it again, really not sure where it's coming from, but between the seats is freezing even when the rest of the van is toasty

Now the weather has started to turn I've started to notice it again, really not sure where it's coming from, but between the seats is freezing even when the rest of the van is toasty
Did you ever solve this pls I have the same issues at the moment and I have tried a thermal sheet behind the front seats but still the same
I think it’s coming from the drivers seat base ? The base is bolted direct to the cab floor as such if you touch the base even if the cab is hot it’s cold also around the handbrake area
So knowing this I think I am getting cold bridging around my left foot / leg area ? ( right hand drive )
The passenger side doesn’t feel as bad but I do have a bench seat and it’s stuffed full of stuff
The drivers base has a leisure battery under that’s all
Going to insulate the base as a test and see how it performs
Let me know please if you have looked at anything else

There are wiring grommets under the seat under the flooring, is it possible that one of those has fallen out?

There are wiring grommets under the seat under the flooring, is it possible that one of those has fallen out?
Will take a look does this mean lifting the seat or getting under the van
It doesn’t feel like a draft it is more like a cold bridge I can’t feel any sort of draft it’s more radiant cold off the seat base
That’s why I think it’s cold bridge?
But anything worth a try is there only one point that cables leave the floor ? If so we’re about am I looking thank you

On the Caravelle the flooring is carpet so using the seat well forward I can get into the seat base and I have a look under both seats so the flooring is cut so try that first.

I don't know if there is an undertray on a shuttle there but also probably worth sticking a phone on video with torch on under the side to have a look?

Looks something like this

On the Caravelle the flooring is carpet so using the seat well forward I can get into the seat base and I have a look under both seats so the flooring is cut so try that first.

I don't know if there is an undertray on a shuttle there but also probably worth sticking a phone on video with torch on under the side to have a look?

Looks something like this

That’s great thank you very much
I wasn’t sure if all could see my question but your answer is a good place to start

Back