Coilovers - Which Ones?

W9sto

hi all, I am new to the forum and I would really appreciate some help.

I bought a T5.1 Sportline 8 months ago and loved it so much that I sold my cars and bought a new Raceline van. I will discuss my opinion of the service in a different thread .

I am currently running standard shocks with an Eibach 50mm lowering springs with 3SDM 20” rims (9” front 10.5”rear) and it’s not enough for me!

I have seen the thread on Stance+ and I am intruiged by them. I have B14’s on my T5 and liked them a lot, will I see a big difference if I went to Stance+? Or is there another setup I should consider?

Thanks in advance
Simon

Not sure about stance + but I have Bilstien b14 and they are brilliant, in the past I’ve gone for cheaper coil overs on other cars and always regretted not buying Bilstiens as it always ruins the ride.

Same as @F2JON. The B14 seems to be overall the best set up and worth the extra cost.

I often see threads on here with issues regarding non Bilstein coilovers.

Thanks guys, I read a thread saying how good the Stance + Coilovers are but they are very cheap!

Thanks guys, I read a thread saying how good the Stance + Coilovers are but they are very cheap!
20181105_130301.jpg Got mine yesterday from venom motorsport at Ribchester . Got these on recommend from a guy I met at dubs in the Dales had to stop on route back home for bacon sarnies and the stance + coilovers performed brilliantly as a barbecue stand time will tell how well they perform as a coilover kit but at that price I had to give them a go

View attachment 31232 Got mine yesterday from venom motorsport at Ribchester . Got these on recommend from a guy I met at dubs in the Dales had to stop on route back home for bacon sarnies and the stance + coilovers performed brilliantly as a barbecue stand time will tell how well they perform as a coilover kit but at that price I had to give them a go
Ha ha ha brilliant.

Have you fitted them yet?

Fitting of coilovers put off till next Monday due to cock up at my local garage
Will post pics and review when they are done

C5B09107-A45C-44D8-AE71-F045B7C102DB.jpeg Had mine on coming up 2 months and so far so good, had them on my old van (2014 T5.1) for about 2 yrs and again no issues . Great value for money in my opinion. Use my van as a daily and had no issues

Ok had my stance+ coilovers fitted on Monday all good , ride quality superb and van looks really cool . However getting a knocking coming from the back sounds like it's bottoming out , on another conversation somebody was having similar issues with B14s and The Cure was to take the adjuster from the bottom of the spring and replace it at the top do you know if yours are fitted below or above the spring

Ok thanks for that I'll probably take a look this weekend its supposed to be a straightforward job so I'll probably do it myself .I have heard talk of cutting down the bump stops does anyone have any views on this

U may find u have to file down the housing to allow the adjuster to slide over it easier as it’s a tight fit

Yep had to file off a couple of small lumps before the adjusters would fit .
Job done and they are great , ride quality is vastly better than stock and the van looks awsome , whats not to like for £250 cant recommend enough

Just curious how the adjustment works, I assume its similar for all manufacturers, are there pre-set positions on the adjusters (have these on my '65 bug) or is it just a continuous thread? How do you insure the van doesn't end up leaning?

Last edited:
View attachment 31944 Had mine on coming up 2 months and so far so good, had them on my old van (2014 T5.1) for about 2 yrs and again no issues . Great value for money in my opinion. Use my van as a daily and had no issues
Hey Vandox, after a year how are the Stance+'s performing? Am thinking of buying a set for my T6 this coming week. Cheers

Back