Coilovers too firm

Bexter

Hi guys. After a little advice. I have a 4 year old T6 kombi And the previous owner had coil overs installed. The van looks sweet nice and low but the ride is solid and uncomfortable. There is little to no travel on the rear suspension. Iv has it adjusted as best as I can but it’s still rock hard. I like having the van low but it needs to be comfortable. Would you recommend going back to sport line suspension and getting rid of the coil overs??

Hi guys. After a little advice. I have a 4 year old T6 kombi and the previous owner had coilovers installed.
The van looks sweet nice and low but the ride is solid and uncomfortable. There is little to no travel on the rear suspension. I’ve had it adjusted as best as I can but it’s still rock hard.
I like having the van low but it needs to be comfortable.

Would you recommend going back to sportline suspension and getting rid of the coil overs??
What brand is it? Chuck a photo up if you’re not sure.

Did they provide the original suspension with the sale?

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Hi guys. After a little advice. I have a 4 year old T6 kombi And the previous owner had coil overs installed. The van looks sweet nice and low but the ride is solid and uncomfortable. There is little to no travel on the rear suspension. Iv has it adjusted as best as I can but it’s still rock hard. I like having the van low but it needs to be comfortable. Would you recommend going back to sport line suspension and getting rid of the coil overs??
If you know the make/model of your coil overs let us know and we can advise you on what to do. If you don't know what they are then try and get a photo of them so we can help identify them.

Not all coil overs are created equal, so you may be able to swap them out for a better quality set that will get you both low and comfortable. There are many products on the market these days and so you have some good options.

I'm about to upset some people on this forum, but here goes. The Bilstein B14 komfort coil overs are very expensive for what they are, there are a few other options that do the same/better job for a lot less money.

Speak to Steve @CRS Performance and he'll give you great advice on what to do, but it would help to know which coil overs you are running now. If you want to keep the low looks I wouldn't recommend going back to sport line suspension, just replacing what you have with a better option could work.

In answer to your question I would never recommend you go back to Sportline suspension. The Eibach sportline springs are quite possibly the worst on the market, very unforgiving and firm. Although it doesn’t sound like you have the most forgiving setup now.

Lots of decent coilovers available for you, fitting and aligned correctly you can have both low and comfortable whilst retaining the sporty handling when needed. This will also give you the option the set the height you want and not the height pre-set by the springs.

Im not sure where you are in the country but if local to us, please pop in and we can look at your existing setup if and give advise as to where you should spend your money for the best results.

Despite the comment above the Bilstein B14 Komforts are excellent, with great drops and comfort. Speak to us about a deal on these - we offer a deal for forum users. We have fitted many sets already since their launch.

We also offer coilovers from ST, KW and Eibach so plenty of selection from the very best manufacturers out there.

Get yourself out in a vehicle running the suspension you are after to make sure its right for you, too many people are making their decision without trying for themselves and regretting it after.

HTH

In answer to your question I would never recommend you go back to Sportline suspension. The Eibach sportline springs are quite possibly the worst on the market, very unforgiving and firm. Although it doesn’t sound like you have the most forgiving setup now.

Lots of decent coilovers available for you, fitting and aligned correctly you can have both low and comfortable whilst retaining the sporty handling when needed. This will also give you the option the set the height you want and not the height pre-set by the springs.

Im not sure where you are in the country but if local to us, please pop in and we can look at your existing setup if and give advise as to where you should spend your money for the best results.

Despite the comment above the Bilstein B14 Komforts are excellent, with great drops and comfort. Speak to us about a deal on these - we offer a deal for forum users. We have fitted many sets already since their launch.

We also offer coilovers from ST, KW and Eibach so plenty of selection from the very best manufacturers out there.

Get yourself out in a vehicle running the suspension you are after to make sure its right for you, too many people are making their decision without trying for themselves and regretting it after.

HTH
Slight thread highjack Oli, but have you got demo vans running both the B14 Komforts and another running the Twin Monotube Projekt coil overs? I would love to do a back to back test of both. They both offer the same drop, (unless going for the low version of the Twin Monotube Projekt ones) and both claim improvements in comfort over the standard B14s. Could be what I’m looking for to replace my B14s. It’ll be between those and the H&R Koni combo from Steve.

Last edited:
Without hijacking the thread too much, presently we have the following on vehicle for demo;

Bilstein B14 Komforts
Bilstein B14
KWv3
Eibach Pro Street

Reactions: .50
I don't think it matters what's in there , Clearly it isn't any good so don't worry about it , What you need to decide is how low you want to go and More importantly a budget ? . We have excellent systems starting from £880.00 up to £ 1495.00 these kits are exceptionally comfortable due to the technology used . We certainly have never needed to call any of our kits " COMFORT kits " they just are ! ,

Happy to explain all the different systems to you , we would encourage you to research on this forum for all the customers comments , there are plenty .

Back