Coilovers set at different levels but van sits right.

F2JON

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So I had my solow suspension fit yesterday, the ride is great but I have an issue or possible issue and wondered if anyone else has come across this,it’s with the rear of the van , to get it level they’ve got the adjusters set completely different heights, but measuring to the arch from the center of the wheel it’s sitting level?? Any ideas from anyone ? I know they’re going to contact transporter hq to see what they say I was just after your thoughts ??

That's perfectly fine mate, that's what coilovers are actually for (as well as looking cool) :thumbsup:

I just find it strange? I had b14 ‘s on and they were set same on the rears. It’s not a converted van other than kombi seats .

No car is equal side to side or front to back. Even performance cars where they go to the extreme you'll still see differences hence corner weighting exists.

Think about it for the van, the fuel tank is on one side the exhaust down the other, sliding door on one side etc all that will easily equal a few mm difference.

This is more than a few mm it’s at the top of the adjuster one side and the bottom of the adjuster the other, about 30mm difference

This is more than a few mm it’s at the top of the adjuster one side and the bottom of the adjuster the other, about 30mm difference
Ah OK that's not good, I'd give THQ a ring. Could have two different spring rates there?

Can you take some pics? Any markings on the springs? Are they seated properly?

So I had my solow suspension fit yesterday, the ride is great but I have an issue or possible issue and wondered if anyone else has come across this,it’s with the rear of the van , to get it level they’ve got the adjusters set completely different heights, but measuring to the arch from the center of the wheel it’s sitting level?? Any ideas from anyone ? I know they’re going to contact transporter hq to see what they say I was just after your thoughts ??
If there is just a few mm different it isn’t that important , the problem you have is that a lift on one corner affects all 4 corners not just the one spring , I would try setting them the same on the adjuster and check if the van still sits level , if it doesn’t it could be a failing spring ... ?..

Drivers I think they said it was, they said it was because of the weight of the fuel tank on the passenger side I’m not convinced still ?? although it does sit pretty level

Drivers I think they said it was, they said it was because of the weight of the fuel tank on the passenger side I’m not convinced still ?? although it does sit pretty level
ah that's what I was going to say regarding the fuel tank, I know THQ did mine slightly differently between passenger and drivers side. if it looks level and tracks down the road ok I wouldn't worry about it

30mm is a fairly large amount, relatively. The weight of a full tank of fuel, given the the van's full payload, should make very little difference

This is what I couldn’t understand, the b14’s I had on were set the same and what if I wanted to do an adjuster delete? Then you’d have no options to levels ?
30mm is a fairly large amount, relatively. The weight of a full tank of fuel, given the the van's full payload, should make very little difference

This is what I couldn’t understand, the b14’s I had on were set the same and what if I wanted to do an adjuster delete? Then you’d have no options to levels ?
Yeh I dont buy that, at all. Couple of coils maybe, but 30mm is way too much. Something's wrong, for sure

I strongly recommend you level the 2 adjusters and re measure . , Lifting 1 corner 30 mm will affect all corners and not just the one that is wrong

Steve

So there you go, as you can see from pics drivers is on its lowest setting passengers is 30mm higherA55D7E3B-C9D4-422B-888A-AC00BB2F14F5.jpeg5F64E704-E733-42A4-94D5-5158239E63B5.jpeg

Genuinely never seen that before!

They both look fitted correctly, do they have the same part numbers on them? Can't really see on the pics!

I'd be inclined to do as Steve suggests and level them both out and see where it sits...

Apparently they changed the springs from one side to the other, I’ve emailed transporter hq this afternoon and this was they’re reply

Thats not right then. I’d ask them to adjust them level.

Thats really random, I’ve never seen that before. “

Which I thought from day one but was told it was normal??
As I’ve probably already said I had b14’s on before these and they were set the same so it can’t be the van? I might just try and adjust them myself and see what happens

If you jack up the van evenly at the rear you should be able to adjust no problem by hand, of course make sure you don't chop your arm off, be safe etc.

But yes that's a weird one!

Back