DPS

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi Guys. I must say at the outset that I have absolutely no technical knowledge whatsoever so I would really appreciate some advice please.
I have factory order for a T6 Kombi Highline SWB T32 15o DSG, delivery September. It will be going for a camper conversion straight away!
I would like to lower the suspension slightly, just enough to close the gap between the bodywork and the tyres a little bit, so it looks less 'van like'. I don't want to close the gap altogether!
What is the best way of doing this without affecting the handling of the van or making the ride harder?
So far all I know is that there are some different options but what would you all recommend and what is it likely to cost?
Thanks all.

EDIT
: see this post from forum trader
@CRS Performance

Suspension options laid out

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_8990.JPG
Hi Guys. I must say at the outset that I have absolutely no technical knowledge whatsoever so I would really appreciate some advice please.
I have factory order for a T6 Kombi Highline SWB T32 15o DSG, delivery September. It will be going for a camper conversion straight away!
I would like to lower the suspension slightly, just enough to close the gap between the bodywork and the tyres a little bit, so it looks less 'van like'. I don't want to close the gap altogether!
What is the best way of doing this without affecting the handling of the van or making the ride harder?
So far all I know is that there are some different options but what would you all recommend and what is it likely to cost?
Thanks all.
. Hi I got a set of eibach 50mm from custom vans got recommended them from someone on the forum. And there great really happy with them there not the cheapest you can buy think paid £360. They also do a 40mm in them too. But would highly recommend them. If you've got a bit more to spend I think a lot on here have the b14 coilovers witch I think are ment to be really good

View attachment 10426 . Hi I got a set of eibach 50mm from custom vans got recommended them from someone on the forum. And there great really happy with them there not the cheapest you can buy think paid £360. They also do a 40mm in them too. But would highly recommend them. If you've got a bit more to spend I think a lot on here have the b14 coilovers witch I think are ment to be really good

Thats a tidy van!

View attachment 10426 . Hi I got a set of eibach 50mm from custom vans got recommended them from someone on the forum. And there great really happy with them there not the cheapest you can buy think paid £360. They also do a 40mm in them too. But would highly recommend them. If you've got a bit more to spend I think a lot on here have the b14 coilovers witch I think are ment to be really good
It looks as though you've got low profile tyres so I assume you had to lower the suspension more because of the bigger gap between the body and the tyre?

It looks as though you've got low profile tyres so I assume you had to lower the suspension more because of the bigger gap between the body and the tyre?
Yes they are 275/35/20. And it deffo needed lowering after I got the wheels fitted. If your gona run standard wheels maybe just a 30-40mm would be enough.

Yes they are 275/35/20. And it deffo needed lowering after I got the wheels fitted. If your gona run standard wheels maybe just a 30-40mm would be enough.
Thanks. Yes, they'll be standard 17" Devonports.

I love my van but do think they look smarter once lowered. Looking through the forum ,It seems B14's are very popular but also expensive. Now i don't believe in doing things on the cheap but I also don't believe in wasting my hard earned cash.
With soo many options out there can you lovely people help me with the pros and cons of all options?
I thinking 60mm rear and 50mm front but I have no experience to go on so your advice would be very welcome.
I'll be keeping the original Davenport 17" as I think they're rather smart.
Your advice is much appreciated.
fullsizeoutput_1412.jpeg

Last edited:
If all you want to do is lower it then just a spring change if feasible. Add a set of wheel spacers followed by an alignment session and you're done.
However if you want to lower it and vastly improve the ride and handling at the same time then I don't think you can do any better than Bilstein B14s with H&R anti roll bars - the difference from std is (IMHO) huge.
Chopping springs effectively reduces suspension travel and can result in a harsh ride quality.

Having had lowering springs on my van, and now running with B14's, I find the difference to be like night and day. Springs will drop the stance but provide for a harsh and crashy ride. B14's are worth every penny.

I had mine lowered 40mm by Vanstyle which I am really pleased and still at the minute running round on the Devonports, which incidentally don't look to bad in my option but as suggested would look better with a set of spacers fitted.

As had been said above. b14's provide a much more controlled ride. And when set at their heighest, approx -40mm, with standard wheels and coupled with H&R rollbars, give a far better ride than standard. Obviously you have the option with bigger wheels and slamming it - the ride is still excellent.

Spacers work nicely on the Devonports

Hi guys newbie post here still need to sort the name box thing out !!
Having spent a fortune thanks to the sound advice on this forum. Two weeks ago I took delivery of a new T32 204 DSG Highline had the dealer lower it on 30mm springs, Awesome bit of kit absolutely loving it ! I am still running the 17" Devonports as I don't dislike them.
I am about about to press the button on some H&R spacers and having measured settled on 25mm front and 35mm on the rear proper DRA ones.
My question is am i going too wide and will it look silly and cause me issues should I go smaller ??
Once all settled I will get it properly aligned as VW clearly did not bother to start with.

Last edited:
Having spent a fortune thanks to the sound advice on this forum. Two weeks ago I took delivery of a new T32 204 DSG Highline had the dealer lower it on 30mm springs, Awesome bit of kit absolutely loving it ! I am still running the 17" Devonports as I don't dislike them.
I am about about to press the button on some H&R spacers and having measured settled on 25mm front and 35mm on the rear proper DRA ones.
My question is am it going too wide and will it look silly and cause me issues should I go smaller ??
Once all settled I will get it properly aligned as VW clearly did not bother to start with.

Hi. I went with h&r 15mm on front and 25mm on rear with standard 17s lowered on b14 at highest height 40mm. In my opinion it sits perfect and ride is sooooo much better than standard

IMG_1800.JPG

IMG_1802.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1731.JPG

My question is am i going too wide and will it look silly and cause me issues should I go smaller ??

That's the same offset that I intend to go for eventually when I get round to it.

Thanks guys really useful info as usual, still undecided on the size of spacers though. In my head for some reason I don't want to go down the long wheel bolt route.

Back