Stance+ Coilover Drop Confusion

ozhushion

Hi,

Iv just recently started my T6 Project and was quite keen to sort out those nasty gaps in the wheel arches so bought some stance coilovers to try out.

They are advertised as Front Lowering: 30-65mm and Rear Lowering: 30-75mm

I haven't had time to do them so left it in the hands of the garage. As you can see from pictures the wheel arch gaps are still there. They said its on the lowest setting on the rear but i still have a lot left on the front and as advertised the rear should be able to go lower than the front so im a little confused as to why the rear is so high.

any help much appreciated.

I cant see the back fully.....

But doesn't the front look about half way.... with more drop to go?

Hi,

Iv just recently started my T6 Project and was quite keen to sort out those nasty gaps in the wheel arches so bought some stance coilovers to try out.

I haven't had time to do them so left it in the hands of the garage. As you can see from pictures the wheel arch gaps are still there. They said its on the lowest setting on the rear but i still have a lot left on the front and as advertised the rear should be able to go lower than the front so im a little confused as to why the rear is so high.

can you take pictures of both sides on the rear

Hi,

From looking at the rear close I recon the rears arnt full wound up and there 5-10 thread left on there

Cheers for the quick reply's. my thought are the same, fronts have got loads to go down and rears have none. checked to see if there are any threads above on rears and its max. still confused why its so high.

heres the pics you asked for, noticed too the little washer has slipped.

LEFT REAR.jpg

RIGHT REAR.jpg

REAR SIDE.jpg

Have you contacted Stance? I wonder if it might mean removing the adjusters to get full drop.

I’ve had good response from them on Facebook messenger.

I’ve not tried running without the adjusters but I’m sure they will advise if it can be done or what the solution is.

I did ask if the bumpstops need cutting down but they said no need.

This is mine with 5mm of adjustment left on the rear. Front has easily 20mm still to go.

A1295FBF-522B-4C6C-BE0D-AF335F513159.jpeg

Last edited:
Cheers, turns out you do need to remove the adjuster for full drop thanks for the help
So are we supposed to run no adjuster (the purple bit) at all and just use the original rubber top mount or just remove the lower ring from the adjuster?

Hi,

The reply was: Hi you can remove the top adjuster ring on the rear adjusters to get it lower, or remove the adjuster completely, this will give you a 75mm drop.

Not super accurate but if it does the job then I won’t complain.

What you do once the adjusters out I’m not sure, i asked the same question but not had a reply yet. looking at the original rubber it’s quite thick so not too convinced I’ll get the full 75mm drop with that back in place, might have to manufacture something myself

Hi,

The reply was: Hi you can remove the top adjuster ring on the rear adjusters to get it lower, or remove the adjuster completely, this will give you a 75mm drop.

What you do once the adjusters out I’m not sure, i asked the same question but not had a reply yet. looking at the original rubber it’s quite thick so not too convinced I’ll get the full 75mm drop with that back in place, might have to manufacture something myself

Yeah, I can’t see it being right with nothing on the top of the spring.

Hi,

I had a query with these, and contacted Venom Motorsport. There I spoke to Richard Baron, the MD, and he was super helpful.

Does anyone know how much travel the rear suspension has left at 75 mm drop
I had a T 32 lowered approx. 50 mm and the gap between the bump stop and control arm was 25 mm approx. . The bump stop is mounted in a METAL sleeve , the same sleeve the spring adjuster sits over . Surely at 75 mm the suspension is sitting on the bump stops , there is approx. 25 to 30 mm of the bump stop sticking out of the metal mounting tube and cutting that will see the control arm bottom directly on to the Steel bump stop tube . ?? what am I missing > as some people say they lower these cars 130.mm ??

Great information guys! Just had my t28 on stance street installed, it’s sitting higher at the front , just wondering do the coilovers need time to settle?? If yes how long? Cheers

Great information guys! Just had my t28 on stance street installed, it’s sitting higher at the front , just wondering do the coilovers need time to settle?? If yes how long? Cheers
How much travel have you got left on the fronts / used on the rears?
And is your van empty / a day van / a camper conversion?

How much travel have you got left on the fronts / used on the rears?
And is your van empty / a day van / a camper conversion?
It’s a camper conversion, not a clue about travel etc.......not that way “clued up” Lol cheers for replying

Back