Coding HVAC for new heated rear window

Littleblackflash

Auto Engineer
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
After fitting a tailgate with a window to my PV, I've set about getting the heated rear window to work.

The HVAC controls need to change to one with the switch for the heated rear screen so I've brought one off a Golf on Ebay for £10. It only took a few minutes to fit and all the AC functions still work correctly.

A VCDS scan shows 2 error codes. One for heated window which I guess is due to now wiring or relay being added yet. The other error is for incorrect coding of the HVAC. Can this be recoded to remove the error?

Anyone got a wiring diagram for the heated rear window? I can find the front screen in the VIP area, but not the rear window.

Heres a quick look/idea for now until Paul Gets back . . . .

T6 Heated rear windows 1.JPG

T6 Heated rear windows 2.JPG

Perfect. Except its too small to read the pin numbers. If I send you a message, can you email it?

It shows 3 switch types so I'll check which one I have. Either way it looks simple enough. The switch triggers the BCM and the BCM powers the glass without any relays.

A quick look tonight shows I don't need to add any wires from the HVAC controller to the BCM. I need to order some wire to run to from the BCM to the tailgate.

I may run a wire direct across the floor to check it all works ok first.

A quick look tonight shows I don't need to add any wires from the HVAC controller to the BCM. I need to order some wire to run to from the BCM to the tailgate.

I may run a wire direct across the floor to check it all works ok first.
Did you sort this, Duncan? I should really do mine :rolleyes:

Yes and no

The switch is plug and play, but needed VDCS to code the heated window switch. This was easy and can be checked using VCDS.

Running the wire to the tailgate was simple but I'm yet to find the connection pin for the BCM plug. It's the largest size pin and I can't find them anywhere. Pauly has also checked and came up blank. The BCM has 4 different size connectors, the other 3 sizes are known and easily available. I just can't find this one.

Yes and no

The switch is plug and play, but needed VDCS to code the heated window switch. This was easy and can be checked using VCDS.

Running the wire to the tailgate was simple but I'm yet to find the connection pin for the BCM plug. It's the largest size pin and I can't find them anywhere. Pauly has also checked and came up blank. The BCM has 4 different size connectors, the other 3 sizes are known and easily available. I just can't find this one.
If you haven’t tried him yet, eBay seller mshugaev-2008 was helpful when I was trying to populate my tailgate loom.. I have him the part number and he came back with the relevant pins to fit.

Hi everyone, i am now in the same boat ? Did you guys manage to sort this out ?
Thank You

I got it working on my van ok. The main difficulty was getting the correct pin for the wire into the BCM, I got mine from Kafutec when I brought the seat heating loom.
Coding was as simple as ticking a box in VCDS and you only need to add 2 wires - One from the BCM to the tailgate, and one earth wire.

Back