Code out passenger seat airbag with VCDS as installed swivel seat

better to terminate the plug with a resistor. But you will need to clear the code with a VCDS/Carista/VCP/ODB11
Evening @Loz
Can I ask your advice please.
I've just fitted a swivel and the airbag light is now on... switched ignition on.....DOH...Does the resistor enable me to not connect the plug bag into the socket ? Does the plug need disconnecting every time I swivel the seat? Hence a resistor is needed?
Once the resistor is fitted, I assume a carista reset will sort.
Cheers. Dan

Evening @Loz
Can I ask your advice please.
I've just fitted a swivel and the airbag light is now on... switched ignition on.....DOH...Does the resistor enable me to not connect the plug bag into the socket ? Does the plug need disconnecting every time I swivel the seat? Hence a resistor is needed?
Once the resistor is fitted, I assume a carista reset will sort.
Cheers. Dan
The resistor fools the airbag control module into thinking it’s there.
to allow the seat to swivel, you need the loom to loop around the centre point so that it stays connected without pulling on the plugs.
Others have done this so have a search for those.
Once the circuit is completed Carista can reset it.

Thanks Loz...just so i understand fully, the resistor doesnt go between the plug and socket it replaces the socket (or plug)?

Doesn’t the centre of the swivel have a hole in?
I’m pondering this, but I would extend the cable and only swivel it in the same direction each way.

It does have a hole but on 1st impressions the cable looks as though it could snag??
What have others done?

OK thanks, once the swivel seat is fitted you cant access the plug anymore as its under the seat so I would have to take the seat off each time. I just need it for the summer months so would like to be able to turn the light off when fitted for a few months.

I’m working through a similar obstacle with my heated front double seat. I think I’ve got a solution.
Under the double seat there’s a cavity space of significant size. Most people seem to tuck all the wiring under here when they fit a swivel. The cavity runs all the way to the handbrake. If you can extend the cable, you can fit a plug in the side of the seat by the handbrake, so you can unplug, swivel. Swivel back, plug back in.
I think you can fit the swivel and keep your airbags. And as long as you don’t start the ignition with the airbag unplugged you shouldn’t get the airbag light. Or get a carista and just reset every time.

Back