Code For Sat Nav And Internal Alarm Senors Permanently Off

Rabbit

T6 Pro
Back again :rolleyes: (this site is gold):)

I plan to order my Ross tech on Monday, but before I do I would be Grateful if someone could tell me which codes I need to alter to set up the MFD to recognise my alpine satnav unit please?

I’m also after the code to permanently turn off the internal alarm sensors. I have been trying the double-click locking method but this seems to depend on the buttons being pressed just right or it doesn’t always turn the sensors off. It’s not 100% anyway so I would prefer to just turn the dam thing off and be done with them.

Can anyone help? :)

Back again :rolleyes: (this site is gold):)

I plan to order my Ross tech on Monday, but before I do I would be Grateful if someone could tell me which codes I need to alter to set up the MFD to recognise my alpine satnav unit please?

I’m also after the code to permanently turn off the internal alarm sensors. I have been trying the double-click locking method but this seems to depend on the buttons being pressed just right or it doesn’t always turn the sensors off. It’s not 100% anyway so I would prefer to just turn the dam thing off and be done with them.

Can anyone help? :)
The internal sensor at @Loz 's post in how to turn off interior motion sensor/alarm ? please help !

The same + a good list of codings in VCDS codes list

EDIT: linking the other thread about double clicking - just to help future searches on the subject
Vcds For Begineer

Thanks @mmi :)

So assuming I have this right, its

To turn off the sensors
Module 09
Byte 08
bit 4

Sat Nav display in mfd is
Module 5F
Byte 24
Bit 2

And to restore my lost auto muting of the radio (no setting listed in the apline though there should be according to the instructions manual) when reversing its
Module 10
Byte 01
Bit 7

Its the 1st one that matters. I did ring up a VW service centre to ask if they would do it as the van is only 3 weeks old (and scratched already :(), and they had a nervous fit over the phone :rolleyes:
Shame really as I love the van in so many ways coming from a Transit, but if it wasn't for this forum and the info about the vcds I would have sold the van over the sensors.

Just got to sort out a roof vent next :laugh:

Reactions: mmi
Thanks @mmi :)

So assuming I have this right, its

To turn off the sensors
Module 09
Byte 08
bit 4

Sat Nav display in mfd is
Module 5F
Byte 24
Bit 2

And to restore my lost auto muting of the radio (no setting listed in the apline though there should be according to the instructions manual) when reversing its
Module 10
Byte 01
Bit 7

Its the 1st one that matters. I did ring up a VW service centre to ask if they would do it as the van is only 3 weeks old (and scratched already :(), and they had a nervous fit over the phone :rolleyes:
Shame really as I love the van in so many ways coming from a Transit, but if it wasn't for this forum and the info about the vcds I would have sold the van over the sensors.

Just got to sort out a roof vent next :laugh:
Looks like a plan :thumbsup:.

Don't forget the VCDS rule #1: The First Thing to do is a VCDS Auto-Scan and Save the results. And put a copy of that file into a safe place. That file is the key to revert back to original setup if/when something doesn't go as planned.

After coding change it is usually good to check possible fault codes of the module. Especially enabling components having compatibility issues might throw faults although coding change is seemingly accepted.

Let the Forum know the results of the codings - also the information of unsuccessful ones is appreciated please.

Looks like a plan :thumbsup:.

Don't forget the VCDS rule #1: The First Thing to do is a VCDS Auto-Scan and Save the results. And put a copy of that file into a safe place. That file is the key to revert back to original setup if/when something doesn't go as planned.

After coding change it is usually good to check possible fault codes of the module. Especially enabling components having compatibility issues might throw faults although coding change is seemingly accepted.

Let the Forum know the results of the codings - also the information of unsuccessful ones is appreciated please.
Thanks for the advice and I will do :)

I managed to track this guide down on backing up and saving so I think I'm good to go now, just need to pay some money into the bank tomorrow and then I can get it ordered.

A Guide to Backing Up Your Vehicle using Ross-Tech VCDS

Reactions: mmi
Ross tech all ordered and arriving tomorrow :)

Quick question though, I’m I ok to have the engine running when the ross tech is plugged in or is it better with the engine not running?

Reason I ask is because a have two A/B 4 channel amps hooked up that love their juice

Back