Clutch Release Clunk

cleave14

T6 Pro
Hi

It doesn’t always happen, but sometimes I’m feeling a bit of a clunk when I release the clutch to go up to 2nd gear.

anyone else had this? I’m slightly worried it could be drive shaft, but weird that it only happens occasionally. It’s a 102 with 32000 on the clock

Hi I have the same mate with loads of other drive problems and sounds. These T6s are really bad every one I speak to that has one has nothing but trouble with them. Vw have a lot to answer for. They treat us so bad at the dealership making out it’s only us with a problem. My T5.1 was so good and this thing is like a different brand. How can they get it so wrong

The most frustrating thing about driving a T6 (for me) is the 1st to 2nd gear change. I think I have just about mastered the technique now but it's a fine balance of speed, throttle position and clutch action to ensure a smooth (clunky free) change Nd only then with warm oil.
From my own research I think this is certainly not uncommon although exactly what the clunk is I do not know.

I know it’s been in to vw today and they are saying it’s fine they all make that sound. It’s driving me up the wall it’s so loud. It only seems to be the 102bhp model. I’ll defo not be having a transporter again after this one. All my others have been fine but the T6 is a complete bulls up if you ask me

Back