Hi I have the same problem it’s been going on now for 12 months vw have fitted new DMF new clutch and still same problem. I drove it back in and told them I want a new gear box fitted to see if the problem stopped. And it did for about a month and now it’s back. Iv been driving it now for 3 months and it’s getting louder. I only have to touch the throttle and I get a knock and also when I come off the throttle. Can anyone help. Thanks

I’m out of warranty now and Iv sent it to a local garage so
I hope they find the problem it’s driving me mad
Iv also got a loud lifter sound when engine is cold and vw said it’s normal. It sounds like an old transit

Lower arm rear bushes seem to be a common problem. Mine were picked up on the first mot as an advisory. It is also noticeable when braking sharply at low speed with the window open. There are other threads covering the issues

Yes mine is the same if I reverse and brake sharp I get a loud bang and can feel it through the steering wheel

..Mine goes in Monday to get the battery checked and replaced under warranty if knackered. Its a Moll battery which apparently don't hold a charge if left for a couple of weeks. This has become apparent with my van in the last couple of month's.

New battery fitted under warranty :)

Replacing the lower arm rear bushes definitely helped mine but it’s going back again as there’s still a thud when I disengage the clutch and release the throttle. Just had it MOT’d and they noticed it straight away. Suspected rear engine mount.. let’s see what the van centre say. To be fair they were pretty good when I had the initial work done. Changed both side windows and door gasket as well, no quibbles Whereas I’ve read in here people having to fight to get these things done on warranty.

I I m still getting a thud in clutch release. It’s been inspected again at dealership- possible dmf failure. Booked in for next week....

I reckon its the DMF, same as mine was, might be worth getting the clutch changed at the same time, see my earlier comments re, price !.

Yeah. I think it’s a good idea. The gear box is coming out for them to have a proper look, so I may well put it to them about the clutch, especially if they only charge me what they charged you for the part

DMF was faulty. They changed it under warranty. I did ask them to call me re clutch, but they didn't. Bit annoying as I would have probably had a new one put in as well..

Good result, hope that's the end of it, only got my clutch changed because the gearbox was out, and it was cheap!
keep an eye on that battery too !

Yeah. I’m pretty pleased. I’ve had the impression it can be difficult to get some of this work done under warranty but no problem at all. Battery was schanged before I bought it

took mine into an indipendant garage where one of the guys used to work at a vw commercial centre (they shut down three years ago) and drove it, slowly (braking harshly, to replicate the thunk), into the garage and on to the ramps, got out and said 'sounds like your rear wishbone bushes, you can feel the vehicle trying to toe in' - poppped it up, had a look and said they were just plain worn out. not toast, cracked and deteriotating, just plain stretchy and c**p - i had a look myself. i got the pry bar in there and it was like moving my toaster acrros the counter top. I could wobble it with my pinky. No rubber bush should have that much play in it
See your issue was a manual DMF issue though. Because the bushes are obviously worn (i wonder why they didnt notice them the past 2 times its been in...) im holding off moaning any further about my gripes with the dsg...

Back