ClimAir wind deflectors

@Fish do yours whistle at speed?, mine do to the point I’m thinking of binning them!
No not at all.. take them out close and reset windows level, reinsert them... see if that helps?

does that mean I need to drive faster to make a tune..

I've got climair deflectors and love them, no noticeable noise, the only downside is that they do have a little screw to attach to the door putting some people off. I've tried Dubflectors but they effected the operation of the electric windows ie they sometimes wouldn't close properly. I also have bought the self adhesive vw versions but never fitted them as in my opinion didn't look too good in the flesh.

Climair deflectors; and Bits

Last edited:
@Fish do yours whistle at speed?, mine do to the point I’m thinking of binning them!

Mine did and I did ditch them, took them back to TPS (when you could buy there) and asked to swap them for the T5 version which stick on the outside, there is no name on those but they were genuine VW supply. TPS said they didn't fit a T6 but that's rubbish, I guess VW don't want to sell the T5 version for a T^ because they may make the CD figures a fraction worse.

Climair deflectors on my van as well, great items no whistling. But as said above there is a teeny tiny screw that holds the bottoms into the mirror base, not the end of the world, don’t really notice them.

I have Heko's on my T6 where this weekend the drivers side fell out when opening the window fully.
The botton double sided tape wasn't sticky at all.
Will attemp to refit when new (Gorilla) double side tape has arrives to see if this'll work.
Been fitted for near on a year with no problem (and to my eye theu look great) till this weekend?
Anyone else had any problems with them staying in place?

I have Heko's on my T6 where this weekend the drivers side fell out when opening the window fully.
Will attemp to refit when new (Gorilla) double side tape has arrives to see if this'll work.
Been fitted for near on a year with no problem (and to my eye theu look great) till this weekend?
I bought additional clips and also changed the tape, but I used 3M tape as felt it was slightly thicker and gave more grab potential.

Mine fell out one day after washing so I stretched the clips slightly and refitted them no problems since

I have Climairs - had them fitted to my 'velle and now to my Kombi. I never bothered with the screws as they stay put without using it.
No wind noise - they work really well

Have the heko branded ones and they're perfect, installation was a doddle and not had a problem with them since

I bought additional clips and also changed the tape, but I used 3M tape as felt it was slightly thicker and gave more grab potential.
Where did you purchase additional clips please @Fish?

I seem to have a bit of wind noise....Is there a procedure for resetting windows?

Is there a procedure for resetting windows?

I don’t know about the clips, but as for resetting the window auto-close...

Drive the window down until it stops, then press and hold the button down again for 3 proper seconds (1 elephant, 2 elephant, 3 elephant)
Drive the window up (it will jump up and stop but pull again)
Once closed, pull up again for 3 seconds.
Now reset.

Mirrors wont auto fold until you reset the one touch window setting
Take window fully down and keep hold of the down button for a few extra seconds then take window fully up and keep hold of the button for few extra seconds, this resets the top and bottom limits of the windows and will give you one touch opening and closing back and in turn the mirrors should start working again :thumbsup:

Do a window comfort-close reset (up&hold, down&hold etc)

Ohh Climair, how my van is better now you're there,
I was worried that the need to drill, would be too bitter an install pill,
In truth it could not have been any easier, and now my van is pleasantly breezier,
Without the rain (what a pain) getting into the cab, ohh Climair you are so fab.

But seriously, what a great product. Installed in 10 mins, no faff, no wind noise, no fouling the electric windows, look great and now I can have the windows open in the rain!

Don’t give up your day job. :think smile bounce:

Good to hear your verdict though, think I might bin my Heko’s.

Ohh Climair, how my van is better now you're there,
I was worried that the need to drill, would be too bitter an install pill,
In truth it could not have been any easier, and now my van is pleasantly breezier,
Without the rain (what a pain) getting into the cab, ohh Climair you are so fab.

But seriously, what a great product. Installed in 10 mins, no faff, no wind noise, no fouling the electric windows, look great and now I can have the windows open in the rain!

got to admit, they seem to fit and stay put far better than the hekos
my last hekos lasted 3 days before the drivers side came away and flew across the m5!

i didnt drill for the climair, i used a red hot needle to pilot the tiny hole required, as i have done that before and it raises a tiny bead of plastic on extraction, which, if it goes wrong, can be smoothed over with a red hot tiny flat end screwdriver
always learnt to " move material, rather than remove if possible " as as youngster

Back