Claytons To Devonports Straight Swap ??

Trunkey

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Ok its a newbie question my van has 16” Claytons, will 17” Devonports with 215 60 17 or 235 55 17 tyres go straight on without affecting speedo or gear ratios?

Thanks

Yes you can, it’s exactly what I did 2 weeks after buying my van in 2017. Paid half what I would have done if I’d spec’d them as an extra

I've been considering swapping my Claytons for Devonports but can't really decide whether it's worth it or not!! I would therefore be really grateful to see before and after pictures to enable a direct comparison - has anybody got them??

Here you go Ayjay before and after Clayton to Devonports I’m quite impressed it drivers better to!455D93EE-579A-4CEB-982D-244CC77DED22.jpeg

Trunkey, Thanks for that - most useful (and it's also the same colour as mine - good choicee!!). Maybe it just doesn't come across in the pictures but having now seen them together, I'm unconvinced that making the change just for the looks sake is really worth it. The improved drive would be nice but TBH, I know I'm never going to get car like performance and handling out of a van and adjust my driving accordingly.

Last edited:
Wheels will help with the handling, but why not uprate your anti-roll bar and / or suspension?

I went through this when I asked a question about wheels in another thread (Tyres And Wheels For A T28) but the short answer is that I've still got almost two years of the original warranty to run and don't really want to do anything that would allow VW to slither out of any potential warranty claims!

Back