Chugging Noise

Olly T6

blackberry 240 DSG
VIP Member
T6 Guru
hi guys, just been driving through Lyme Regis sat in a bit of traffic and town centre is a bit hilly, got a parking space and the was a chugging noise when sat with the engine running, turned the ac off and seemed to stop, but really sounded ruff, anyone had ac issues?

We had a rumbling bearing noise on a AC compressor . . . . But that was at 80k miles on a T5.1 180ps

Similar thing tho. Noise stopped when AC was switch off.

The noise wcould be heard clearly from under the engine bay coming from the compressor.

I have a similar issue. The noise is like a metallic whirring that follows the engine revs and can be heard mostly when I take my foot of the accelerator. Only does it when the aircon is switched on and I've only just noticed it this week. Van is still under warranty so will probably get dealer to check it out.

I have a similar issue. The noise is like a metallic whirring that follows the engine revs and can be heard mostly when I take my foot of the accelerator. Only does it when the aircon is switched on and I've only just noticed it this week. Van is still under warranty so will probably get dealer to check it out.

Hi,

Did you get this resolved - if so what was the outcome - I have a very similar issue - I.e.whirring the follows the revs. It's quite an intrusive noise and makes the van sound like its had better days...

Thanks

Back