Crazymind

VIP Member
T6 Guru
All is good with trasporter untill is not?

Cold morning. Just realised rear heated window doesn’t work nor the front heated windscreen.
Carista throwing loads of faults

Basic OBD2:
P20B9 (Pending) - Reductant Heater "A" Control Circuit/Open
P20BD (Pending) - Reductant Heater "B" Control Circuit/Open
P24C6 (Pending)

Engine:

Headlight aiming:

Central electronics:
03396 - Supply Voltage Terminal 30 for Central-Locking
00975 - Heated Rear Window (Z1)

WTF?

Following your suggestion I have checked the battery. Seats at 12v early in the cold morning . Decided to charge it overnight and see where we are. It’s now back on the van and I can read 12.7. Used the van today and no lights coming on the dash. However errors are stil there even after reset.
I’ll Check the battery again tomorrow.

Reactions: Bav
P24C6 - Temperature Sender for Particulate Sensor, Electrical Malfunction (32125?)

Engine:
the Engine section codes should be VW equivalents to the basic OBD-codes. However, quite often Carista has challenges to extract these codes correctly...

13705991 - Databus - Received Error Message

03430 - Terminal 30 for Turn Signals and Brake Lights

The reductant codes we have seen before with someone with rodent damage to the trace heater for the adblue(reductant) pipes

Just replaced the battery and first read before starting it’s 12.7v.
Done the calibration and provisionally read the codes. Most of them gone. A few left, as blue heater circuit open (I will Check the fuse, I didn’t yet, dpf matter sensor still there and rear window defroster.
I had recently fixed the rear boot switch (from inside) and probably I have unplugged something there.

Reactions: Bav
Quick update. Van was in for service and it was the dpf matter sensor throwing the light on. Small crack on egr valve was found. Replacement quotation for both 837 squid .
Hopefully extended warranty will cover it or part of it…just waiting VW to get back to me…

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Another phone call today… they have changed their mind… they will pass the Egr pipe , not the matter sensor… however they will try good will with VW… parts have not been delivered, they hope to give me the van back by the 6th of january…

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Egr pipe replaced, however the great news is the dpf matter sensor will arrive in 15 days. Vw Uk doesn’t have one available anywhere in the Country (they say).
Can’t even get the van back because without it is not drivable. FFS.

Long discussion short, after removing the dpf matter sensor the DPF thread stripped…and new DPF was needed. Lucky to say warranty covered all the costs…enjoy the invoice

E3-EACF40-876-A-4-BD5-B168-C2679-EC09-F3-A (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back