Leehoops

VIP Member
T6 Guru
hi guys , I’m hoping someone can help me on choosing the correct wheel and tyre choice for my van which has had vb 4c air suspension fitted , it’s taken me ages to find the 20inch wheels I would like and they come in two sizes so this is what I’m thinking :-
20x 8.5 offset 35 on the front and 20x 10 offset 40 on the rear ,I have read on here that the 265 tyre is a better choice than the 275 now my concern is will this be ok on the air I am using , and could this potentially rub on the wheel arch liners ?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I really don’t want to invest and find out I’ve made the wrong decision..... many thanks

It took me ages and a lot of head scratching before I made the leap on wheel and tyre choice but in the end I followed the advice from Kris at Blacksheep Automotive, pop blacksheep in the search function and it should bring up his advice on 20’s on air.
It’s a mind field, It all depends on what your trying to achieve and what your opinion is on the legal load rating issue.

It took me ages and a lot of head scratching before I made the leap on wheel and tyre choice but in the end I followed the advice from Kris at Blacksheep Automotive, pop blacksheep in the search function and it should bring up his advice on 20’s on air.
It’s a mind field, It all depends on what your trying to achieve and what your opinion is on the legal load rating issue.
Ok il give it a go thanks

Just be warned that VB air is squarely aimed at the commercial market, not the bling slammed lowered oversize wheel scene. It’s a firm ride to start with to say the least. Start putting daft ultra low profile tyres on & you’ll need a dentist on a retainer.(pun intended)

Just be warned that VB air is squarely aimed at the commercial market, not the bling slammed lowered oversize wheel scene. It’s a firm ride to start with to say the least. Start putting daft ultra low profile tyres on & you’ll need a dentist on a retainer.(pun intended)
Ah these are the comments that are greatly appreciated as I do not want to do this twice , i will take all comments on board before I jump in that’s for sure , this is why I was hoping to find someone who had the experience with the vb air and 20 inch rims so It could help make up my mind ! As my van will eventually be a camper , I need a balance between awesome looks and practicality

So basically I need the biggest tyres I can get away with without rubbing to give me the comfort , am I right in saying the only load rated tyre for a 20 is 275 40 20 ?

So basically I need the biggest tyres I can get away with without rubbing to give me the comfort , am I right in saying the only load rated tyre for a 20 is 275 40 20 ?
Personally I wouldn’t go above an 18” wheel & below a 60 profile tyre., but it’s your call. Awesome could very quickly become Awful, but Practicality endures.

Hi I have vb air with 245/45/20 on 8.5/20 front and 275/40/20 on 10/20 back this is on a t32 if you have a t30/t28 you could use 255/40/20-101 hope this helps

Hi I have vb air with 245/45/20 on 8.5/20 front and 275/40/20 on 10/20 back this is on a t32 if you have a t30/t28 you could use 255/40/20-101 hope this helps

So you’ve got a different rolling circumference front and back? Does this give any issues? I assume it would be pretty weird on a 4wd but on a 2wd maybe it just changes the braking force distribution a bit.

There is no difference between them as the width will increase the depth of the profile they do this on a lot of sports cars to keep them the same

There is no difference between them as the width will increase the depth of the profile they do this on a lot of sports cars to keep them the same

Of course, sorry! I’d totally forgotten how the profile figure is a proportion of the width...

Can I ask what offsets you got for the front and back wheels?
Any pics of VB in sport mode on 20s?
Exploria have some images of T6 on VB air (20s?) but not sure how accurate the height pics are.

Reactions: Eli
Also does anyone has any pictures of 19” Wheels on VB Air

Ah these are the comments that are greatly appreciated as I do not want to do this twice , i will take all comments on board before I jump in that’s for sure , this is why I was hoping to find someone who had the experience with the vb air and 20 inch rims so It could help make up my mind ! As my van will eventually be a camper , I need a balance between awesome looks and practicality
I'm just going down the same route for decissions. Did you conclude on anything. I'm looking at 20 inch with low profile and VB?

I'm just going down the same route for decissions. Did you conclude on anything. I'm looking at 20 inch with low profile and VB?
Book yourself in for any loose fillings re-doing & have an Osteopath on speed dial.

Hi I ran 20 inch with my vb air but do not use 35 profiles on the front
Thanks, not low profile, because it's too harsh? We do want a reasonably comfortable ride and don't want the tyres to rub or compromise levelling when parking up..but needs to look good too..

Back