Chinese Diesel Heater error code E-06

Emmala93

Our diesel heater has stopped working with the error code E-06. We had this fixed at the garage in October last year and it has been working fine but this error code has come up again today and the heater isn’t working. Has anybody else had the same issues? What diesel heaters do you recommend? Thanks

E06 is nominally motor fault. What did the garage do? Make sure the battery is giving out a healthy voltage before chasing any other faults on these heaters.

E06 is nominally motor fault. What did the garage do? Make sure the battery is giving out a healthy voltage before chasing any other faults on these heaters.
Depending on model, could also be temp sensor error message - do you have the manual?

Depending on model, could also be temp sensor error message - do you have the manual?
Yes we’ve got the manual but it’s so vague! The garage that fitted it is happy to have a look at it again but we don’t know wether to get a new one fitted if this keeps happening.

I have this issue with mine too!

Im literally under the van with the cover off the heater as I write this!

I was hoping it was going to be a sticking fan but everything seems normal. I’m thinking is a power issue as everything else works but im at a loss right now.

I don’t have a manual but I have now watched a lot of YouTube videos! Lol

How did you get the cover off underneath your van? My dad is happy to take it off and have a look but doesn’t think he can access it under the van??

It will depend how yours was fitting. Basically on mine, at the fan end (right of the picture) there was a hose attached. I took that off, unscrewed the end cap and then the cover just pops off exposing what you see here.
There was enough room to work without having to completely remove the under tray.
F0126B23-728B-4658-B93A-11E3CB49AD98.jpeg

@Emmala93 , haven't you got another post going about battery voltage reading problems. You may have a low voltage
from your battery so the diesel heater won't work. They pull a fair bit of power on start up.
Can you put a multimeter on your battery and check the voltage as it may drop too much when the heater tries to start.

@Emmala93 , haven't you got another post going about battery voltage reading problems. You may have a low voltage
from your battery so the diesel heater won't work. They pull a fair bit of power on start up.
Can you put a multimeter on your battery and check the voltage as it may drop too much when the heater tries to start.
Yes I have, do you think it’s connected? When I tried the heater yesterday and it didn’t work the battery was reading 99% so the battery being 0 is a new issue!! It’s all going to pot

Charge up your battery that supplies the heater. A charged good battery should be 12.8v or so but when the heater starts up it should only drop about .2 v so around 12.6v in this example.

If it drops a lot, down to 10 or 11v then your battery is no good any more and not holding a charge.

If you are having trouble with your battery monitor then the only accurate way to test your battery voltage is to take a voltage reading straight from the battery terminals. It sounds like your battery monitor is unreliable at the moment so don't assume it is telling you the true state of your battery.

Many problems with diesel heaters and fridges on this forum turn out to be due to leisure batteries that are no longer holding a charge, often due to people allowing them to discharge too deeply or going flat . This can permanently damage your battery. A fridge or diesel heater draw a bit of power on start up , if the battery voltage dips too low the fridge or heater will shut down and often trigger a low power fault code or light.

Back