Cherry Red Lwb Kombi To Camper Conversion.

So didn't want a R&R bed, liked the idea of a rear lounge. Know the T6 is not massive inside but after finding a guy making u shape furniture thought it was worth a look.

Nothing fixed down has yet but seems to work really well. Makes into a nice big bed. Headroom is a little tight for me being 6'3 and having the HiLo roof but still usable.

20181104_141857.jpg

Just placed order for a kitchen pod unit so just got to wait for that then hopefully if the weather holds try it out for a weekend and see how we get on and what works or doesn't.

Slept in the van for the first time last night. New seat/bed worked out really well. Plenty of space though will need to sort out a topper due to it being a little firm for us.

Do like that lay out.
Do you have additional heating in there?.

Yes van came with factory diesel heater.

*edit* actually not sure if you ment additional seating? If so can fit a rear kombi bench but will be use a single centre rear for a 3rd seat when required.

Last edited:
Lovin' this..!!

Is the Pod fixed in by any bolts or similar, or just temp zip ties maybe..?

Lovin' this..!!

Is the Pod fixed in by any bolts or similar, or just temp zip ties maybe..?

Ply bolted down using lash points running over step (it's a twin slider). Pod unit then bolts down through ply and fixed under the step over hang. Basicly I've not drilled any holes in the van floor.

Ply bolted down using lash points running over step (it's a twin slider). Pod unit then bolts down through ply and fixed under the step over hang. Basicly I've not drilled any holes in the van floor.

Great stuff, thanks for the answer. Would love to see more photo's of the Pod and interior sometime, it's quite inspirational.

Hopefully away in it tomorrow night, the plan is to make some YouTube videos of the seating/bed and pod. Mainly as when I was looking there was next to nothing on YouTube showing rear lounge set ups.

Small mod to my HiLo roof. Fitted van handles to ease pulling the bed down as struggling to get any purchase. Anyone else find these hard to fold down flat??

20181118_100232.jpg

Finally fitted my sportscraft swivel to the passager seat. Pretty easy to fit but could have done with another pair of hands. Does make a big difference to internal space when turned around so well pleased with that mod. Also started on my extra 12v electrics. Run an inline fuse and kill switch for now. Next will be a 12v fuse block to run additional 12v lights, fridge, etc. Final mod of the weekend was installing a victron smart charger for the leisure battery when on hook up. Not cheap but seems like the best choice and easy to check what is happening with the Bluetooth app.

20181202_105935.jpg

20181202_105944.jpg

Back