Cheap front hot-ups

As per the what stuff have you bought today thread, I've just ordered one of those splitters. Looks subtle, and suits the van well.

Your one looks like it has an extra swage line (if you can have such a thing on plastic) or moulding on the bottom than the one on the website and in the bought stuff thread.:rolleyes:

Was that £109.95 delivered ?

Hi,
It was the £94.99 one from Vanstyle, although I bought it via their flea-bay store as it was cheaper.

The 'swage' is knock on trim.

My van has 40mm lowering springs, so I had to raise the van front a bit, to get drill clearance. I even ground a drill down to length to make it easier. Access to the bolts is easy if you take out the fog light insert in the wheel tub. The middle ones are tricky but can be done without taking off the big plastic under tray.

I sourced some M6 penny washers, ro spread the load more on the plastic.

Looks okay, subtle and a bit different.

Pardon my ignorance but I have read many posts on the forum about front splitters but realized I don't know what it is.
Is it a panel that fits under the front bumper assembly?
Please help this confused Aussie by showing the front of a van and highlight the splitter to put me out of my misery.

Pardon my ignorance but I have read many posts on the forum about front splitters but realized I don't know what it is.
Is it a panel that fits under the front bumper assembly?
Please help this confused Aussie by showing the front of a van and highlight the splitter to put me out of my misery.
Thank you for asking the simple questions - it has confused me too! In my wee head, a splitter is the lower “lip” under the front bumper. Some are added on and some seem to be incorporated in the bumper moulding. So, I see cases where the front bumper has been replaced for a different design (that has a splitter) and is called “a new splitter”! So, I’ll kick back now and have my view/explanation corrected!!!

Back