Charging the OEM underseat battery - how?

SofaKing

T6 Guru
This might be a stupid question, but how on earth am I going to get the plastic/rubber cover off the battery without removing the seat entirely? Will post pics If it’s hard to imagine...

There are "overhangs" inside battery cover (on short sides) which "clip" under battery's "eaves" on top.
Just stretch the cover left or right to release one side first, then the other side. Then it pulls up. No need to remove the seat.
Battery_cover_1b.jpg

This might be a stupid question, but how on earth am I going to get the plastic/rubber cover off the battery without removing the seat entirely? Will post pics If it’s hard to imagine...
You can’t. You have to remove the seat.

Just to note, I can’t on mine, I have factory swivels. You might be able to on a standard seat.

I was fiddling about, until my leg cramped and I gave up on jerking more with it...

Nevertheless I don’t have a swivel, so I guess it’s just a matter of brute force and right direction then? Wonder if it’s best to pull towards front or rear of the vehicle?

There are "overhangs" inside battery cover (on short sides) which "clip" under battery's "eaves" on top.
Just stretch the cover left or right to release one side first, then the other side. Then it pulls up. No need to remove the seat.
View attachment 61488
Should i move the seat all the way towards front or is it better to the rear? It seems that I can only access half of the battery when seat is positioned to the front...

Mine is LHD (as OP's I believe) so it's driver's seat - no swivel on mine.
so I guess it’s just a matter of brute force and right direction then?
Seat fully front - so access it from rear.

Not really brute force - move the top of the cover to left (or right) =sideways and then up - you should feel when it releases under the "clip".

Back