Charging issue

clive griffiths

Hi all, I'm looking for some guidance, advice. I have recently took charge of a brand new E transporter T6 Abt. the van is stunning, ticks all boxes bar one monumental one.
I can not for the life of me get more than 50 miles of charge into it. Book says max 82 miles to a full charge. Mine arrived on back of trailer with 64miles charge. I have had it a month and only driven 103 miles. I'm afraid to take it further due to lack of battery power and charge points. I have charged it up using Tesco fast charge 50kw, I've plugged in at home, (once for over 36 hours on and off). I've only managed to get 55 miles charge. This dropping to 48 as soon as I am off my drive.
I have spent the day trying to get through to someone with authority to allow transportation to collect it and take it to my nearest service station (van/commercial). my nearest is 60 miles away. I could go on but I wont bore you.
My question is has anyone got a van like this on lease and had problems with charging, secondly, if so has anyone managed to return the van to dealer to give back or swop for something different? Thanks in advance

What does it say after you have charged it ?
If it’s 100% then it’s fully charged and the range is what you are going to get this time of year, I would guess 82 miles is the maximum range under optimum conditions and probably not achievable day in day out ?

Hi all, I'm looking for some guidance, advice. I have recently took charge of a brand new E transporter T6 Abt. the van is stunning, ticks all boxes bar one monumental one.
I can not for the life of me get more than 50 miles of charge into it. Book says max 82 miles to a full charge. Mine arrived on back of trailer with 64miles charge. I have had it a month and only driven 103 miles. I'm afraid to take it further due to lack of battery power and charge points. I have charged it up using Tesco fast charge 50kw, I've plugged in at home, (once for over 36 hours on and off). I've only managed to get 55 miles charge. This dropping to 48 as soon as I am off my drive.
I have spent the day trying to get through to someone with authority to allow transportation to collect it and take it to my nearest service station (van/commercial). my nearest is 60 miles away. I could go on but I wont bore you.
My question is has anyone got a van like this on lease and had problems with charging, secondly, if so has anyone managed to return the van to dealer to give back or swop for something different? Thanks in advance
VW Assist

I doubt many of us get the miles per gallon that VW advertised, it's the same with EV range, as @Pauly says, in optimum conditions you might get close to 82 miles if you drove with a feather like touch, but with the current seasonal temperatures the range is reduced.

What does it say after you have charged it ?
If it’s 100% then it’s fully charged and the range is what you are going to get this time of year, I would guess 82 miles is the maximum range under optimum conditions and probably not achievable day in day out ?
I am starting to think this is the case, it doesn't say fully charged though. if this is the case then I have grounds to send it back as its how it was advertised to me. thanks for the input.

Back