Changing/upgrading Heater Controls

bullracing

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have a shuttle ac controller or as vcds says the semi climate control. This one (part numbers taken from ebay ads)
s-l1600.jpg
7E0907047F

When on vcds I noticed that the model is determined via can.
I am changing the back to a camper and so the rear heating will be removed, I have also fitted front heated seats but yet to get them wired up and I was hoping to retrofit into the same model but with the heated seat switches.
As a side note to my possibly daft question below, is it possible to keep the controller and use the "rear" button on it for controlling something or turning something on in the back?
het.jpg
7E0907047K

However now with the thought of removing the rear heating all together can I change/upgrade the controller to the fancy digital ones I see? I think I am answering my own question about upgrade here but is the dual zone somethng that can be retrofitted without changing the AC side or can the controller be fitted and dual zone ignored. If it is a case of sensors then I can install them without too much hassle I guess?
hetu.jpg

I can't help but I'm interested in the answer about the dual zone controller. I notice the dual zone have an additional socket on the rear so I guess it does need extra sensors / actuators.

I'm interested in the answer too, has anyone got a picture of the backs of them both?

?? I don't follow you Fish,

Are you saying a BCM upgrade is needed or that you're making this heater upgrade?

I thought all BCM's were the same in T6

this is something I too have wanted to upgrade.

I have the heater control unit shown in the second image in the original post (code 7e0907047k) but want to upgrade it to the digital version below, is it possible to straight swap or is there more to it?
09F589A4-320D-4FD7-B030-6FF57B8957FD.png

Well it looks too me that the answer is not coming... I have the standard control panel, I have just purchased a digital dual climate so I'll let you know if it blows my van up when i plug it in lol.

I guess trial and error is the way forward.

Well it looks too me that the answer is not coming... I have the standard control panel, I have just purchased a digital dual climate so I'll let you know if it blows my van up when i plug it in lol.

:rofl: Try not to blow it up and good luck.

Keen to know if this works too.

Has anyone got any further with this and have any answers or even better a parts or how to guide

I have a shuttle ac controller or as vcds says the semi climate control. This one (part numbers taken from ebay ads)
View attachment 53326
7E0907047F

When on vcds I noticed that the model is determined via can.
I am changing the back to a camper and so the rear heating will be removed, I have also fitted front heated seats but yet to get them wired up and I was hoping to retrofit into the same model but with the heated seat switches.
As a side note to my possibly daft question below, is it possible to keep the controller and use the "rear" button on it for controlling something or turning something on in the back?
View attachment 53327
7E0907047K

However now with the thought of removing the rear heating all together can I change/upgrade the controller to the fancy digital ones I see? I think I am answering my own question about upgrade here but is the dual zone somethng that can be retrofitted without changing the AC side or can the controller be fitted and dual zone ignored. If it is a case of sensors then I can install them without too much hassle I guess?
View attachment 53328
@Robert I’m picking this thread up again and asking your wizardry.

I have the second one ending .......47k. Do you know if it’s possible.
Thank you.

@Robert I’m picking this thread up again and asking your wizardry.

I have the second one ending .......47k. Do you know if it’s possible.
Thank you.
Definitely not a plug&play.

The climatronic has double sensors and air distribution/temperature flaps (left/right vs. single) - perhaps could be run as e.g. using "left" only???
Fresh air blower resistor pack is not used, instead has a separate PWM controller - this would be an easy one.

The signals in the connectors are wired differently - so an intensive repinning job for sure there.

Anyways - an intriguing retrofit... Could you please post a picture of the connectors in the back.

Back