T6.1 Changing the double-seat to a single

Dazzat53

hi guys

We are changing our front bench seat for a single our van is a 2017 kombi.
The seat is in great condition, what would be a fair price to sell it for?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

015F893A-5343-4A7B-80D2-6FA285D162C6.jpeg

Ok thanks. I'd need to calculate freighg costs which will be the limiting factor. Ill have a guess based on the single seat and ill pm you.

Hi all,

I've recently joined as I'm hoping to pick up a T6.1 soon.

I've seen a van that has a double front passenger bench and ideally I'd like a single seat in it's place. When I mentioned changing this to the dealer he said that it can be done, after market, but they would not do it as there would be a double passenger airbag in the dash and if that deployed with only one person sitting in the front then it could be dangerous.

Is he correct?

Hi @VioletVW welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't of thought it would be any different to only one person sat on the double bench. If you were going the other way from a single to a double I could see it being an issue but I'd of thought you'd be ok.

I spoke with him today and he said that both bags inflate simultaneously. Surely then a change to a single seat, as you've mentioned, would be the right away around?

Are you aware of whether the sitting position is different? I.e. is the single seat further in from the door than the double?

Are you aware of whether the sitting position is different? i.e. is the single seat further in from the door than the double?
Surely the fact that the single can move forward and back would negate this claim in itself?

I would think so... I'll keep an eye out for one with a single passenger but may opt for a double front bench that I'd need to swap out at a later date.

Descions, descions!.

Hi all. I am about to buy a single captains seat for my T6.1 as a swap for the double that is fitted. The double has x2 occupancy sensors fitted but the new seat will not have any. Can I cap these plugs off and forget about them or will I need some kind of a work around to stop the dashboard lights going mental? Thanks in advance.

I guess it depends on whether they are linked to the airbag system. They could just be a NO or NC connection but I’d want to be sure the airbags would deploy with someone in the seat in the event of an accident

I guess it depends on whether they are linked to the airbag system. They could just be a NO or NC connection but I’d want to be sure the airbags would deploy with someone in the seat in the event of an accident
Thanks. I was wondering whether the airbags are always armed or if they needed the seat sensors to arm them. Any ideas on how to find out?

Having just done it today be aware the airbag yellow plugs vary.

I am guessing the seat I have from a Velle is from a 6 as the wiring doesnt match my 6.1 (Dec 2020).

Haven't had a chance to search for how the wires mirror across however I am quite sure it is in the forum somewhere already :)

Having just done it today be aware the airbag yellow plugs vary.

I am guessing the seat I have from a Velle is from a 6 as the wiring doesnt match my 6.1 (Dec 2020).

Haven't had a chance to search for how the wires mirror across however I am quite sure it is in the forum somewhere already :)
Do you mean seat airbags or the dash mounted ones? Have tried to find on the forum but not having much luck.

I only had one set of yellow airbag plugs under my seat and I assume that they are for the dash one and the yellow connector under the seat is the mechanism wiring to tell it when someone is sat in the seat.

And here is the thread on how the wires convert (or at least they did for me)

Back