H7 Headlamp - Changing DRL Bulb

MrTesco

T6 Pro
Afternoon boys n girls.

I would like to changed the the bulbs in my H7 lights.

Now with a few broken figures or removing the airbox and battery I think I could manage the main H7 bulbs BUT I mainly would like to change the DRL bulbs and looks like the headlights may need to come out unless I'm missing something which as I've said before if a real possibility. Can anyone help me

I did have a search and I tried Google but mainly I get h4 results.

Kind regards
Charlie.

You can get to them with the lights in place. I removed the top of the air cleaner for the driver’s side, but nothing for the passenger side.

The DRLs are on a long, angled piece of plastic about 15cm long. It is on a bayonet fit, with the bulb pushing into the end of it, and it bayonets back in.

Took a while of messing about to get it back in though. I found that using a torch behind the light, you can see when you’re in the right place by looking through the lens and watching the shadows as you move about.

5452C34A-5594-4663-996E-9A510BCC1271.jpeg Give yourself a good couple of hours with good light. I found using a small telescopic mirror (like the dentists use) really helpful. It is definitely a tricky job.

Help please. My n/s running light bulb has blown!
Referred to VW manual. Removed cover etc., but it seems impossible to get the actual bulb out.
Removed the black plastic holder & was expecting the bulb etc to come out with it - no such luck I am afraid.

Attached 2 photos showing o/s working & n/s NOT working.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Paul

20190430_173518.jpg 20190430_173512.jpg

Have a look at these threads @Bluey.
The pictures should be of assistance. Will also make you aware of an apparently known issue with the H7 DRLs bulb holder.

H7 Drl Issue. Be Aware

H7 Headlights. Access To Drls
Many thanks for the link.
When I removed the black plastic holder (circled) I thought the bulb holder and bulb would come out with it or at least be accessible. No such luck.
Any thoughts on this would be great?
downloadfile.jpg
Thanks again for links. Paul.

That bit circled in red is like a tool that clips onto the actual bulb holder. Short of removing the headlight, I'd say you really need to feed the tool back in and click it into place on the holder. The tool itself has a slot that should line it up with a web on the bulb holder. Then rotate the tool anti clockwise. The bulb holder should then come out with the tool.

You'll probably have realised, access is a nightmare.

That bit circled in red is like a tool that clips onto the actual bulb holder. Short of removing the headlight, I'd say you really need to feed the tool back in and click it into place on the holder. The tool itself has a slot that should line it up with a web on the bulb holder. Then rotate the tool anti clockwise. The bulb holder should then come out with the tool.

You'll probably have realised, access is a nightmare.
Thank you soo much for the info, explanation and photo. Thathe makes sense - I will have another go.

Sorry @Dieseldonkey how much is the turn anticlockwise? Just as a guide.

Thank you again for all your help.
Much appreciated .
Paul

@Dieseldonkey how much is the turn anticlockwise? Just as a guide.

If memory serves me correct, it wasn't very much. No more than 45 degrees. It was stiff to turn, but once the holder is free of its seat, it just withdraws straight back out.

Back