DVLA and reclassifying a converted campervan

Mavis628

T6 Pro
Hi guys

how do I re register my van

it’s currently logged as a van on the log book so has the speed limit restriction of a van obviously, I have converted into a kombi/camper no gas and no cupboards or kitchen, vam has side windows and 5 seats with two additional clip out seats when needed, does this qualify to change and if so what does it change to

I wouldn’t bother wasting your time.

You’ll likely get “van with windows” classification

Hi guys

how do I re register my van

it’s currently logged as a van on the log book so has the speed limit restriction of a van obviously, I have converted into a kombi/camper no gas and no cupboards or kitchen, vam has side windows and 5 seats with two additional clip out seats when needed, does this qualify to change and if so what does it change to
Locate a solid wall….repeatedly bang your head again said wall…..when wall turns red, stop! There you go!

@JOG put it in the right context
Mines been changed on the log book, possibly one of the last ones before it changed
Wouldn't qualify anyway,
Does it make much difference really. NO
Value of van stays same, only difference is the 70mph on dual carriageways
I'm sure most of us speed at sometime

only difference is the 70mph on dual carriageways

Ha ha, now you’ve opened up another can of worms.

@JOG put it in the right context
Mines been cha, only difference is the 70mph on dual carriageways
Ha ha, now you’ve opened up another can of worms.

I thought that & then re-read the original post. No cooking facilities, so doesn’t qualify as a “motor Caravan” so any re-registration is moot.

I thought that & then re-read the original post. No cooking facilities, so doesn’t qualify as a “motor Caravan” so any re-registration is moot.

Yeah, I saw that too, but does the rear seating mean the van would qualify as “dual purpose” so therefore car speeds?

Who cares? The OP doesn’t! After being provided with all the information, there is no clarity on whether a re-registration is sought or a defence against any future prosecution notice!
*Saunters off into the sunset whistling to himself!

Who cares? The OP doesn’t! After being provided with all the information, there is no clarity on whether a re-registration is sought or a defence against any future prosecution notice!
*Saunters off into the sunset whistling to himself!
Agreed, but I think it’s important that any future newbie who manages to use the search function, gets the correct info.

Agreed, but I think it’s important that any future newbie who manages to use the search function, gets the correct info.
Fair point! The search function is limited and it’s even easier to use google to search the forum. Equally, when members have handed the info sought on a plate…!

Hi ,just spoken to a guy today and he said dvla have got really strict on re-registering a panel and I will struggle to register a panel van as a kombi and be able to drive a 70 mph on a dual carriageway,is this true?

Back