Change pop-top to high-top

iw244

I have a VW T 6 Campervan SWB, with a pop top. I want to change it to a Remio hard hi top. Has anyone done this. Do you know anyone in the Gloucester area that could fit this. Many thanks for your help.

www.reimo.com/en/download-catalogues is the start point for the company, haven't looked for a while, but if memory serves. The tops are made in Germany and they do not export. Therefore travelling to Germany with a low loader or container, would prove very expensive, probably equalling the cost of the roof. Which then needs fitting, insulating and spraying to your colour.
Hope this is of some help, and keep us all informed, as it's something I would like.

I guess maybe look for local convertors who offer a hard top conversion? Leisuredrive in Bolton offer their own roof as a roof-only service, but not sure if possible or easy when already cut for a pop-top.

www.reimo.com/en/download-catalogues is the start point for the company, haven't looked for a while, but if memory serves. The tops are made in Germany and they do not export. Therefore travelling to Germany with a low loader or container, would prove very expensive, probably equalling the cost of the roof. Which then needs fitting, insulating and spraying to your colour.
Hope this is of some help, and keep us all informed, as it's something I would like.
Reimo high roofs are available in the UK, I've had five fitted in the past seventeen years.

Try Westward Leisure, they offer Reimo high roof fitting.

Failing all else call CMC at Hythe but my last experience with their fitting was not too good.
You may also get one fitted at Bowdens at Shrewsbury.

There must be others wo can fit but maybe only CMC import them as they used to travel once a week to Reimo in Germany for stock.

After extensive webbing around, numerous enquiries etc, the only company marginally interested was Autohaus. However, as it's a LWB shuttle bus they declined on the grounds of have too much work on doing clean panel vans etc. The cost quoted was over £5500, for information and guide, every van is different. Size, colour, lighting, windows, solar etc.
Reimo said they can supply but won't fit anymore.
Have now ordered a pop-top, but have to do all my own interior fitting, carpet, lining, lights etc.

Reactions: CAB
Back