Change from the orange Day Light Running bulb

Is the issue that they don’t work at all or that they caused a bulb out warning the dash ?

If they didn’t work at all then consider that LEDs are polarity sensitive so need to be connected the correct way around, before you send them back try swapping the two wires over on the back of the lamp holder, they are both grey and it seems a bit pot luck which way they connect them at the factory so could just be reversed polarity ??

Hi everyone,
I’m trying to replace my daytime running. Bulbs to led ones.
The drivers side wouldn’t work, so I assumed faulty led bulb. Had a replacement sent, but still not working so I checked the led bulb in the passenger side and it worked fine.
The original bulb works fine in the drivers side, just not the new led one??..
And the passenger side is all ok...
Any ideas?

if you have H4’s then the DRL bulb can only go round one way. It may be that the polarity in the bulb holder is wrong for the LED.

I seem to recall that there is no set polarity for the wiring for the bulbs, as it doesn’t matter. LEDs are polarity sensitive as they are a diode.

It may be that the wires need to be reversed to make it work. Worth checking each side with a multimeter.

Alternatively, some LEDs have circuitry that makes them work both ways.

I have some Osram LEDs that are not polarity sensitive.

Pete

What he said....

Try the bulb the other way round.

As Dellmassive (aka beergod) says, try it the other way round. I upgraded my fogs to led, from thq and one didn’t work initially

The lamps only fit one way, if it doesnt work then you need to swap the wires around in the bulb holder
I dont think the factory apply polarity to these wires as they are both grey and it seems to be a bit pot luck if they work or not, i had to swap one of mine around

Hi there, wow didn't get any reply notifications..

What I mean is - the standard auto always on lights in daytime have an orange bulb and square feel to them.. other lights and white and with strip light feel to them..

I want to turn off or swap the orange daytime running mode light for a whiter bulb.. but that didn't work at all.. is the only way to get out of factory setting orange half light setting, is it to change the whole headlamp..?

@Pauly.. damn I just sent them back and didn't try swapping the cable over..

Thanks,

Vince.

Hi there, wow didn't get any reply notifications..

What I mean is - the standard auto always on lights in daytime have an orange bulb and square feel to them.. other lights and white and with strip light feel to them..

I want to turn off or swap the orange daytime running mode light for a whiter bulb.. but that didn't work at all.. is the only way to get out of factory setting orange half light setting, is it to change the whole headlamp..?

@Pauly.. damn I just sent them back and didn't try swapping the cable over..

Thanks,

Vince.
Hi Vincent pls could you take a mo' and tell me if you are talking about the same lights as I am having a problem with?
If you check my post last night and comment that would be a real help.
Thanks Paul.

Not had a bulb fail warning on these, they are just a 21W white replacement so will work anywhere a white 21W bulb is fitted though the light pattern is very split one side and the other, in the DRL positions on my H4 light clusters they work a treat.

Just a quick question, I'm due my first MOT this month on the van, will I need to remove my LED running light bulbs and put normal ones in ? didn't know if it was a failure for using them.

I’ve had LED sidelights and LED number plate lights in my A4 for years and it’s been for a number of MOTs no problem.

Back