Ceramic Coating

nikster

T6 Pro
Hi all, wondered if anyone can recommend a detailer near Bournemouth who could do a ceramic coating on my Blackberry Velle.

There seems to be a lot around all offering different solutions - so thought I'd check in with the voices of experience.

Also if anyone has a pointer on which product to go for?

Cheers

Hi all, wondered if anyone can recommend a detailer near Bournemouth who could do a ceramic coating on my Blackberry Velle.

There seems to be a lot around all offering different solutions - so thought I'd check in with the voices of experience.

Also if anyone has a pointer on which product to go for?

Cheers
Have a look for an accreddiated detailer in your area,
Various types of ceramics ..
Carpro
Gtechniq etc
On the above websites will list vetted detailers that use their products and will be able to guarentee them

who has had it done? and do they recommend it for the price they paid?!

Have a look for an accreddiated detailer in your area,
Various types of ceramics ..
Carpro
Gtechniq etc

So no real stand out product - all much of a much? I've only just discovered the wonder of snow foam so I'm light years behind...

who has had it done? and do they recommend it for the price they paid?!
Had my new car done by PP Protect a couple of weeks ago and was impressed enough to get the van booked in with them to be done in November. Car was £449 and van is going to be £599. Includes de-wax, machine polish, clay bar, ceramic glass coat, etc..

I found them on recommendation of @Mick who had his van and other cars done by them. Small outfit who take real pride in the job - based near Tamworth but will travel as required (but cost is a bit more).

PP PROTECT SHATTER-PROOF CERAMIC COATING

Sons car was done withcarpro stuff january this year and thouroughly impressed with it .
He gets a new motor next month and has decided to try gtechniq.

I've yet to have my van done as use it every day :unsure:
Yet to have any spare time to be without it for 3 days

Had my new car done by PP Protect a couple of weeks ago and was impressed enough to get the van booked in with them to be done in November. Car was £449 and van is going to be £599. Includes de-wax, machine polish, clay bar, ceramic glass coat, etc..

I found them on recommendation of @Mick who had his van and other cars done by them. Small outfit who take real pride in the job - based near Tamworth but will travel as required (but cost is a bit more).

PP PROTECT SHATTER-PROOF CERAMIC COATING

What product was used ?!

I’ve been quoted £800 !! Gtechnique. Yes it’s a black van, so worst colour to work with, it’s a 17plate, it’ll want the full works doing before ceramic coating but still!

What product was used ?!

I’ve been quoted £800 !! Gtechnique. Yes it’s a black van, so worst colour to work with, it’s a 17plate, it’ll want the full works doing before ceramic coating but still!
Sorry, I haven’t got a clue what the product is but whatever it is will only be as good as the people applying it.

My car went to PP Protect on the back of a very bad dealer prep and use of Autoglym “Lifeshine” - something I would never pay for again - my car now looks how it should have done (if not better) when i picked it up on the 1st of September and I am confident that I will be able to maintain similar with minimal effort for a while to come.

So, to answer your original questions of who has had it done and can they recommended them all I can answer is yes, i have had it done, I am very pleased with the results and would definitely recommend.

I’m assured they will get the van looking how it did on the day I picked it up and, seeing their works T6 in the same colour as mine, which they had polished but not yet applied ceramic to, i am confident that they will.

Go for it :)

I’m just curious to the aftercare once it’s done, I don’t want to have to wash my van silly amounts... I need someone who’s had a ceramic coat on for a year, to say what it’s like looking after it...

Currently looking at machine polishing tools to do it myself (well half the job as I don’t dare apply a ceramic coat myself) and costs £70 for the tool with pads, I have all the cleaning gear and know how to do it too..

I’ve been wanting to go ceramic coat, simply to save me re applying wax every other week after I’ve cleaned it 3/4 times.

Washed yesterday, Ceramic coating applied 6 months ago and done over 10,000 miles since its been done. Washed about 4 times since.
You do have to wash it yourself as the roadside gangs use chemicals that will strip off the ceramic but when you get a finished result like this washing it becomes a pleasure.
fullsizeoutput_1a61.jpeg

I’m just curious to the aftercare once it’s done, I don’t want to have to wash my van silly amounts... I need someone who’s had a ceramic coat on for a year, to say what it’s like looking after it...

Currently looking at machine polishing tools to do it myself (well half the job as I don’t dare apply a ceramic coat myself) and costs £70 for the tool with pads, I have all the cleaning gear and know how to do it too..

I’ve been wanting to go ceramic coat, simply to save me re applying wax every other week after I’ve cleaned it 3/4 times.
I hate cleaning cars which was my main interest in going for ceramic - only time will tell if it’s money well spent. @Mick had his Tesla and T6 done by PP Protect about 18 months ago - Tesla now sold but his van still looked very good last time I saw it at Busfest a few weeks ago.

Washed yesterday, Ceramic coating applied 6 months ago and done over 10,000 miles since its been done. Washed about 4 times since.
You do have to wash it yourself as the roadside gangs use chemicals that will strip off the ceramic but when you get a finished result like this washing it becomes a pleasure.
View attachment 30164

That’s what I’m after... I’d never use road side gangs either... what do you wash with? Soap water? Does the dirt cling to it at all? Or is it easy washing... or just jet wash? Explain! Haha

2398B821-DF5B-4684-802D-C8B3E0667CD2.jpeg This is after 2 days of rain, normally would be caked in dust and road crap
It is a dull day but if you look close you can see how good the reflection is, you can see my transit clear as day

Last edited:
This may sound like a silly question as I have no experience with ceramic coating but does ceramic coating protect against stone chips aswel as give it a glass like finish? We don’t have a t6 yet but thinking of getting our golf done after repaint on the front end.

This may sound like a silly question as I have no experience with ceramic coating but does ceramic coating protect against stone chips aswel as give it a glass like finish? We don’t have a t6 yet but thinking of getting our golf done after repaint on the front end.
Hi, not a silly question; no it will not protect from stones and will also get scratched but still worth it (I hope!!)

Back