Central France And Barcelona Help Please

G12RYX

T6 Guru
Good afternoon! Looking for some advice for a trip I have planned for May 19’.

We have an apartment in Murcia and having driven it none stop 3-4 times (so the dog could come) I decided to build a camper as there are so many nice places I’d liked to have stopped. With the main objective to either arrive at the apartment or back home as soon as possible this was never an option. Now the camper is (90%) finished I plan on travelling down over 3-4 days and the same on the return journey.

I now need some help in planning this. Can anyone recommend camp sites on this route? I plan on arriving around Orléans area lunchtime so will be staying around there 1 night then travelling on to Barcelona for 3 nights.

The return journey will see maybe one night in the Barcelona area and then 2 nights somewhere close to Paris as we would like to go spend a full day being tourists. From what searches I’ve carried out there aren’t many locations to choose from so any help is hugely appreciated.

Feel free to throw suggestions/pictures/ experience my way. Am willing to change the route if someone can convince me otherwise!

Thanks in advance people :inlove:

14ACAB3F-02ED-452F-BF08-9CAC67413C58.png 93F3B49B-09FD-47F1-AB7B-03691E60C584.jpeg

We drove down to Portugal this year towing the boat with our T6 camper. We’ve discovered a route that takes you from the channel coast to Pau (China in your hand!!) that avoids the autoroute tolls & is a good route with plenty of aires along the way. You also get the benefit of supermarket diesel. We used the aires rather than campsites, these are either cheap or free & are usually in villages with plenty of shops/restaurants/bars for the evening.

Look out for the “All the aires in France/Spain” by Vicarious Books.5611884B-BBED-4CA2-A692-830E8FD148C0.jpegDC963DA4-3FC9-4ACC-9B5B-B6671023CA6D.jpeg

I would recommend getting the Camper Contacts app: Motorhome Parkings app | Campercontact Available for Android or iOS.

Costs £5.99 per year and we use it all the time. Details free aires, campsites and other stops. Been the best resource for us going to Spain France, Germany, The Netherlands, Slovenia, Croatia to name a few. Interactive map with links to your favourite route planner. Don't need anything else other than an ACSI card for out of season discounts in campsites! :thumbsup:

Back