Censorship

I quite like the moderators on this site, they do a good job in my opinion. I have had a few run ins with people but nothing I post or read will ever make me lose any sleep. Its just a fact that in life people can have things in common but they can also be polar opposites in their views.

Btw I still have no idea what happened or who is disagreeing with who but its one of my favourite threads of recent times ha.

Last edited:
What I don’t get is why people who complain and aren’t happy with the forum still use it, if I didn’t like it I wouldn’t come here!

But i’m guessing they’re the same sort of people who hate VW, leave crap reviews on Trip Advisor and so on.........
I didn’t know there was an issue until I read this thread and looked into it. Not complaining and still happy to use it but want some assurance that that what I’m reading from others as a source of information is correct and balanced. Not sure where I stand on VW but love my van - I do leave some crap reviews on Tripadvisor but also leave some pretty darn good ones as well!! :)

I didn’t know there was an issue until I read this thread and looked into it. Not complaining and still happy to use it but want some assurance that that what I’m reading from others as a source of information is correct and balanced. Not sure where I stand on VW but love my van - I do leave some crap reviews on Tripadvisor but also leave some pretty darn good ones as well!! :)

Whoever posted that H4’s were fine needs shooting never mind censoring.

I quite like the moderators on this site, they do a good job in my opinion. I have had a few run ins with people but nothing I post or read will ever make me lose any sleep. Its just a fact that in life people can have things in common but they can also be polar opposites in their views.

Btw I still have no idea what happened or who is disagreeing with who but its one of my favourite threads of recent times ha.

We should have a ‘post of the month competition’. This one would get my vote. :):):)

An interesting debate on censorship, cleaning, and perhaps polishing. @Elskie, if I have followed this thread correctly, this wasn’t initially to do with what you said, but another forumber being upset and leaving. Perhaps an idea from the moderator/admin as to what and how they operate on this front might help. Bottom line imho is that reasoned critiques are to be welcomed, minus bad language, offensive material etc, but the viewed criticism of Slidepods seemed to me well written in the circumstances........and I am a happy customer of said company at this time.……and I have checked under my seats
This forum must remain open to free speech on all things related to our vans and our enjoyment of them. A few in the past have seemed to get a bit niggly, but reason and decency has prevented these degenerating.....unless the mod/ admin have pulled things behind the scenes!
Love the humour too!

I find that the silence from the forum owner on this thread astounding.. Or rather it proves the attitude in place.

BTW my reading of this thread is that it was started by the op due to the other thread having been cleaned in an excessive manner in their eyes, as they felt it slanted in favour of the trade member, hence his comments that there are only positive reviews of businesses, whilst he had had bad experience of two reviewed and recommended on the forum companies, a danger here due to the clean, so he says he has left...

This is the other reason for the push back... That and people being "bored" and saying its a "he says\you say" thread, this gives rise to people feeling "iffy" about posting against liked trade members, as do they want\need the slanging that follows...

Me.. I don't give a rats arse!

BTW, it's the ONLY thread under businesses review to have been locked!

Last edited:
Really, you can always arrange a refund of my subscription, I'd only looked back in as I'd had a ping ref led headlights.. A subject that I'd put in sound advice/info on, and got slated for, and no backup from those I was trying to keep from making a big mistake on, along with the batt vent tube thread! It seems if your face don't fit.... or you don't slap the right people on the back..

But as I stated earlier, don't give a rats arse! Don't expect I'll be on anybody's xmas list, but I WILL support members against attacks.. And my point still stands!

Mind you, maybe that's why my posts were removed? (Shrugs shoulders).. Oh BTW, I didn't start this thread! You've just made it personal!

Last edited:
I don’t see this thread as an attack on any one or a group of people. Admin and Mods take their personal time up to help us all out and I think we all thank them for that.
People who say if you don’t like it then leave are missing the point imho. We are here because we like the vast majority of posts and member but feel as contributors to the forum we also should have some influence on how it is run.
It’s not a case of throwing the rattle out of the pram for most of us just hoping our concerns are noted and taken into account.
For this reason this thread is a valuable contribution aslong as it stays polite and not personal !

Come on guys....play nicely! This is a really great forum. We all say stuff and get on our soap boxes about what grinds our gears. If we're having a thread specifically for mentioning businesses....warts an' all, then if you're stating the facts, so be it.....so long as no one gets carried away and starts making threats or being slanderous or libelous, what's the problem? I don't want to rehash stuff but, oh god, here goes! I only read that thread after it had been locked....I can't comment on the degree of "cleansing" or "censorship" that may or may not have occurred. I hope there hasn't been any, otherwise what's the point of the thread? Having read the thread and looked at the photo's, I thought the OP was remarkably, and I do mean remarkably restrained under the circumstances. I'd have been doing the wall of death around the inside of that workshop. I didn't see a satisfactory response from the owner. What I did see was some inexcusably disgraceful workmanship! I like this forum....it's informative and it's populated by some good people who provide an absolute wealth of knowledge. That's my two penneth worth so I'll put my tin helmet on now and withdraw to the bunker.:whistle:

Back