Ceiling LED light issue

taff1888

Morning everyone.

Had a pop top fitted to my t6 earlier in the year, and the rear led lights moved to accommodate the roof.

This weekend is the first weekend we have been away in the van since. Overnight we have noticed that 3 of 6 led lights remain on very dimly ? At one point they were flickering on and off, again very dimly. When switched on they all work great?

I'm an absolute novice when it comes to electrics, so if anyone has any idea that would be great?

Cheers

Ross

Not much of a clue here but if the lights are powered from the vehicle starter battery rather than the leisure battery is it the lamp out monitoring signal powering them?

Pop the fittings out and check that they're all connected exactly the same is. same colour conductor to the same terminals, again clutching at straws but fault finding is always a process of elimination.

can be a common issue with some makes of LEDS,

they need such a small amount of current to glow up that a BCM controlled circuit can cause this.

some people have had luck fitting a RESISTOR across the lighting circuit( used as a pull-down resistor)

other have had to use a RELAY or 3way switch to switch the feeds off completely.

more info here:

Thanks a lot for your reply. I was browsing your posts earlier looking for an answer but anything to do with electrics seems to send my brain to jelly. Thanks again

Back