Van CCTV / Tracker etc

joe_j_barnes

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi All,

As in the heading really

anyone got CCTV for when parked up wild camp or camp sites to see around the van at night ?

any lighting bars added to vans for lighting up roads and camps

pics and info appreciated if you have done such work.

joe

Does anyone have internal cctv in their van? I'm looking for some security upgrades, someone i spoke to said there is a camera which you can wire hidden (inside or out) which you can view on your phone, anyone any knowledge of such a thing?

Or is there a hidden system i could wire in with an HD to record to but still show the tracking of the vehicle on my phone if needed?

Does anyone have internal cctv in their van? I'm looking for some security upgrades, someone i spoke to said there is a camera which you can wire hidden (inside or out) which you can view on your phone, anyone any knowledge of such a thing?

Or is there a hidden system i could wire in with an HD to record to but still show the tracking of the vehicle on my phone if needed?
It exists, I worked with a Mexican who had it installed in his car to keep his wife (and her lover) ‘safe’.

Last edited:
Just use a cloud based dash cam like BlackVue 900 S/X 2ch. I can monitor my van anywhere in the world with a cell or Wi-fi coverage. They do IR cameras too which you can face inside the van to monitor that. You will need a parking mode solution to keep it going with the engine off.
I have this setup in my van and car, both have dual AGM batteries, B124x BlackVue power supplies which keep them going for 6 days unused. Both have a cheap EE Wi-fi hotspot also powered by the aux battery setup.

Hi all,

After some advice - we have our T6 parked in our housing units car park (with our house we have 2 parking spaces - one by the house and the other in the car park).. we are in the middle of 3 spaces reserved for houses. The rest are vistor parkings..

Now we have had one neighbour hit the van twice now with their doors and we've had the panel redone both times on the insurance.. the other week i parked t'otherway round and we've now had the same panel done but not by a door.. the other neighbour no longer parks there since jan (divorced..) so i reckon its kids.. The worst thing is they've tried to make it better by rubbing it with sth and it now just looks a mess.

My wife wants me to hook up some sort of camera which would run off the 2nd battery.

Any ideas - im kind of new to the subject but i dont mind spending some time on this if we can then get ID's to then speak with the parents..

or would you not bother atall? here in switzerland the big side panel on our lwb costs 1500chf to do.. and im not made of money :)

thanks in advance.

Mine is parked on the street and I have good CCTV, the question then becomes; if you see and recognise a child accidentally causing damage, what will you do about it?

Mine is parked on the street and I have good CCTV, the question then becomes; if you see and recognise a child accidentally causing damage, what will you do about it?
punishments-anti_social_behaviour-teen-kmhn439_low.jpg

..and I suspect that legally there is nothing you can do if a child damages your vehicle.

The big rubber trims on the doors of Citroen Cactus is is probably the best solution for stopping damage from other vehicle doors, but probably something that most would not want to have adorning their vehicle. Here is a DIY solution. Could be improved by colour matching!,

c1d96ba58d942b23c977da8bd431ea8a.jpg

Haha! Our issues is not so much door hits as the person normally comes to speak to us. It's the random hits that we get when sat in our parking spot that gets me annoyed. If we had evidence then we could use the parents insurance to get the fix done. Otherwise we're out of pocket. That's the way it works here anyway. I wouldn't be out to punish anyone as accidents happen - I did a few times when I was a kid..

It’s a mass produced steel box, don’t become a slave to the machine.

Surely these sorts of dings are not worth racking up your renewal price for as normally these cost less than the excess but will mark your account, fault or not.

Reactions: DXX
Back